If I Only Had a Brain...

Right now I feel like my brain is so full of nonsense, but I felt a load lighter after my doctor appointment today.  I had a very rough week, and felt like curling up into a ball all week long.  On Wednesday, after Chad's urging, I called to schedule an appointment with Dr. Heaps.  This was tricky itself, as today was his first day back from vacation.  The tried to schedule me on Monday or Tuesday but I explained my work dilemma and that I already had an appointment scheduled next Friday.  I guess that was when they realized that I must have felt crappy, because they squeezed me in at 8:45.  So much for sleeping in today.  It was worth the lack of sleep though...
He came in and was in a great mood (guess that's what happens when you go on vacation), read the novel full of confusing and kind of conflicting information from my appointment with Donna, and we had a little talk.  He assured me that everything I have been feeling is normal and that, as screwed up as it sounds, it's actually a positive sign.  Apparently, most women stop Clomid after two cycles because the side effects are so bad.  The simple fact that I have done four cycles this far shows how strong I am.  That being said, I told him I thought I was ready to be done since I'm tired of feeling like crap.
We discussed the next step - consulting with Dr. Williams, the Reproductive Endocrinologist.  I think, at this point, I'm going to stop the Clomid and take a much-needed break while consulting with Dr. Williams. Part of me feels like I'm giving up too soon, the other part of me is ready to be done.  I feel much better about everything after talking to him - i know that I'm stronger than i thought I was, otherwise I wouldn't have made it this far.  This is one of the things I love about Dr. Heaps - that he puts you at ease and encourages you.  I also admire the fact that he will admit his limitations.
He did say, upon exam, that everything was looking good this month and my body was as ready as it could be.  I bit the bullet and scheduled the consult at Houston Fertility Institute on November 5th.  I'm nervous because I know how much is involved with this process, but I'm excited to get the show on the road.  I'm hoping I am able to get the time off of work to see him since we are shorthanded.  More than anything, though, I'm hopeful that I will be able to cancel that appointment because the medication did what it was suppose to do. Only time will tell...
My body has been preparing for ovulation, no doubt about it.  I'm exhausted and feel like an elephant.  At times, the pain is out of control.  But I'm strong and I can do this.  I cannot let this consume every thought in my head. It is what it is, right?!  Not going to lie, it's much easier said than done, but I'm going to do everything in my power to not let it get me.  I'm going to think positive thoughts and pray.  To those of you reading, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take ten seconds a day to add us in your prayers.  You never know what could happen...
Moving on from doctors appointments and infertility, we have a pretty boring weekend scheduled.  Some grocery shopping, house cleaning, and car washing ( and fueling) is what is in our plans.
I'm also going to follow doctors orders this weekend: drink red wine, enjoy each other and relax!!!

Comments

  1. We'll be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel! Let's get together real soon. Maybe Friday for some girl time?! Let me knw!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts