Yucky

Being sick suck big time. I've not been really sick in over a year, so I'm guessing I forgot all about it. I ate half a dozen Popsicles last night to cool my throat, and called dr v's answering service this morning. The doctor who returned my call was a complete ass, which irritated the piss out of me. Seems to me like most of the urgent care centers are unreliable, and they don't bill insurance, only expect a cash payment. No way in hell I was doing that, so I resorted to my favorite reliable uncle stu, who happens to be an internist. I sent him a text and he called me back quickly, getting a full history of my illness. Although there is some viral stuff going around, both of us were pretty certain it was strep throat. With my history it's better not to wait around right now I'm very thankful that I have such an amazing uncle who will help me out. I took a bit of a nap while Chad went to pick up my z pack at CVS. He actually had two surprises for me - an additional refill on my antibiotics (thanks, Uncle Stu! You're the best!)' and a bottle of pinnacle cake flavored vodka. I promptly took my pill and drank a shot of vodka. Holy hell, did it burn! I know it's a good thing, though, because my throat is starting to feel better. I spent all day resting and had even ran out to get me dinner. Unfortunately, I was craving a greasy burger from five guys or soup from panera. Neither of which appealed to chad, so he brought me a Mexican feast from Don Julio's. For the most part it was good, but definitely nt what I wanted. I'm always a picky eater when I'm sick, and I'm pretty certain I will get either one of those two at some point tomorrow. More than anything, I'm just hoping to feel better tomorrow, as I have a lot to do : finishing laundry, putting said laundry away, separating meat and cheese for lunches, cooking taco meat and separating it into two (or three) different meals. The good news is that we currently have over 14 days of meat to cook for dimmers. When you add in the occasional pizza night, we should be set for the next month(I love you SAMs Club!!!) I'm still a bit nervous about my work situation, but I know I can trust Tracey and Carlos to give me good advice. I'm also getting a bit concerned about our trip to Illinois - what if it falls during one of the days that I need to go back to dr heaps to ensure I don't have cysts before I have to take my Clomid?! Ugh. Hat a headache. I guess I at least have a great doctor in Illinois who coul probably step in for him if need be. (although I love you dr sweet land, I hate to put you in the middle of this.). Who knows, maybe I'll just get lucky and get pregnant within the first two cycles. We received an interesting call today, in regards to the house that we found and liked - the starting price has been lowered, and the lot we wanted is over 50% off right now, basically meaning that we could have EVERYTHING we wanted in a house for under $300000. As much as I loved that house (awesome kitchen, 3 car garage, mud room, great laundry room) I'm not sure as to why we need a bigger house. It'd be awfully lonely in a bight use by ourselves. Maybe chad would let me adopt some more furry kids!?!?? I told him we really need to think about it, and not jump into it, lik we ded with my car. Thing is, I really love our home. Of course I'd like a bigger garage and a real mud room, but that's not enough to warrant a purchase like that right now. This infertility stuff is not covered by our health insurance, we know the Clomid will be $20/ cycle plus $10/cycle for Prometrium. Ovulation predictor kits are about $40/cycle, home pregnancy tests are about $15/cycle, not to mention all of the follow up doctor appointments and missed time at work. Guess there's not much we can do about it, though. We have also recently received two wedding invitations that are less than a week apart in Illinois. Unfortunately, chad will be unable to go to Andrews wedding, so I'm looking for a date....heather would be a great pick! Chad will be flying back midweek for Brennas wedding, and after we spend a bit of time together back in Illinois with the boys, we will make our trek back to Texas. I'm really hoping both children are on their best behavior this upcoming trip. Obviously, there is a lot of exciting things going on right now, but I need to focus on myself. I need to get healthy and stress less, lord knows that's awfully hard for me to do, especially when I want something so badly. Peace out...

Comments

Popular Posts