Now THAT'S Juicy!

Yup, the craze has hit the Coffman household - we juiced for the very first time today and watched the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead."  Very interesting.  It made us think about the things that we eat and how bad they really are for us.  I know of some people who have done a "reboot" or a "cleanse" for 7-10 days, but I don't think that either one of us could handle that.  We're weighing the options right now - if we do anything, I'm leaning towards juice for breakfast and lunch, real food for dinner.  My concerns are as follows:
1.) Where's the protein in juicing?
2.)  Losing weight and throwing my body completely out of whack.  Lord knows it's already screwed up enough on the hormones!
3.) My stomach.  Ohmigod! I can just imagine how ripped apart my stomach will be - I'll probably be in the bathroom 90% of the time...
I think there are enough things to think about, though both of us could stand to lose some weight.  I'm thinking that before we do anything radical we need to talk to our OB.  I'd also be interested to see what my uncle has to say, seeing as he's an internist.

Chad and I both had a busy workweek, and were beyond thankful for Friday.  Of course, neither one of us were able to sleep in, which pretty much sucked.  We got a lot of things done around the house yesterday, ran our errands today, and plan on finishing up around the house tomorrow.  The most important thing I want to get done tomorrow is getting my car washed!  Poor car looks horrific, and hasn't been washed in a month! :-(

I've still not experienced too many side effects from the Clomid, though there have been times where I have horrible cramps.  The best way to describe it is somebody taking a steak knife and just twisting it around.  Ugh!  Thankfully, it's short-lived. We're now just sitting back, and waiting for me to ovulate.  Exciting, eh?!  You really have no idea - the most exciting part of the day is watching the color change on the Ovulation Predictor test strips.  The most disappointing part of the day is seeing that it doesn't change color.  :-(  Guess I'll be heading to the doctor in a handful of days for more tests.  :-(  BOOOOO!!!!

Of course, this doesn't come at the best of times.  My boss came in the other day and I spoke with him regarding the time that I'm going to need off - he said he'd do the best he could, but couldn't guarantee anything.  Fast forward two days...we're short-staffed at the office.  I really have no idea how they're going to work around me needing time off to go to the doctor, as they really don't have anybody that they can send to relieve me.  Life would be so much easier if I went to the OB in my office building, ya know?!  As convenient as it would be, there's no way that I'd consider switching - Dr. Heaps is absolutely amazing. 

I'd be lying if I said that there weren't days I didn't think about how much easier life would be if we were back in Illinois - I had a job that required "normal" working hours.  We were close to our friends and family.  We had a three-car garage.  But there are some things that we didn't have.  A perfect puppy named Cappy.  A 2012 Acura MDX.  Beautiful weather 365 days a year.  Entertainment at our fingertips.

As much as I miss Illinois, I don't think I'd willingly move back.  The weather here is far too beautiful.  I've turned into a southerner.  I love the warm weather, and the thought of 60 degree weather gives me goosebumps.  I know, for a fact, that we wouldn't have the luxuries that we have now.  I just wish everybody lived closer.  Obviously, I'm finally starting to consider Houston "home."  I work at a great office, and I love my co-workers.  I consider them my "family" and count my blessings that I have them in my life.

Would I like to go back to the "simple" way of life?  Yes.  Would I like to no longer dread mail day because of CMG?  Yes.  But I've learned so much by being here.  There's a much bigger world out there.  Springfield, Illinois is merely a dot on the map....

Comments

Popular Posts