There's a great, big beautiful tomorrow!

The past week has been busy and exciting with absolutely amazing weather!  I decided that I really miss fall weather in Illinois, even though I don't miss the allergies that accompany it.  We have been blessed this past week with gorgeous weather in the upper 80's and I tried to take full advantage of it.  (Of course, I don't particularly care to be outside or sweat, which makes it difficult!)
On Monday we piled into Chad's truck, took his parents on the scenic tour of Houston and headed down to the Kemah Boardwalk.  There's not a lot to do in Kemah, but it's a cute place to spend a few hours.  Last time we went Chad and I got hooked on the silly games and were unsuccessful in winning any prizes, so I was determined that I would be taking the big lion home with me.  After $15, I gave up on the big lion and set my heart on the medium sized one.  To win the medium-sized one you had to get a bouncy rubber ball in one of three plastic tubs, the catch was that it had to stay put and not bounce out.  Chad tried once and completely missed the buckets, so I decided that I wanted to try.  I stood there planning my move, and Chad said I was afraid to make a fool out of myself.  Yeah right!  So, I flipped the ball - right into the bucket! Take that!!!  I was so proud of my lion, and carried him around all morning.  He even sat wearing a hat during lunch at Landry's.




We made a few stops on our way back to the apartment, mainly in search of cowboy boots and a hat for Cam.  We were all exhausted and passed out early that night.
On Tuesday I took Chad's parents to Katy Mills, which is a fairly decent indoor outlet mall.  We all found some pretty good bargains before heading back to drive by the new house.  There wasn't much to report, though the drywall was stacked in the garage.  I made my almost-famous cajun chicken alfredo for dinner and we enjoyed some cookies for dessert. I turned in early, since Wednesday was my big day at Methodist TMC.
Of course, I arrived a good 45 minutes early on Wednesday as I was very excited.  I went through my very basic training quickly since most of it was review, and then I headed up to the Cardiac Unit to start "working."  I basically just visited every room on the floor and checked on patients to see if they needed anything.  There were a few people who haven't had any visitors so I spent extra time chatting with them.  I met some really neat people, and I felt very fulfilled at the end of my shift.  I know how lucky I am, but spending the time up there made me appreciate it so much more!  Since I was gone most of the day, we were treated to dinner at BJ's by Chad's parents.  Mmmmm!!!!
Cindy and I got much-needed (and deserved) pedicures on Thursday, before she headed to Galveston with Chad and Rick.  We were unable to find any hotels that allowed dogs, so I decided to stay at home with my sweet boys.  We had a nice, quiet time - and Willie and Cappy actually both slept with me!  Friday evening I met up with a friend of a friend, Melissa, who just moved here a month ago from Nebraska.  She was wonderful!  We had a good time at dinner and spent some time at our apartment as well.
Although the quiet was nice, I really missed Chad so I was very happy when he got home yesterday.  We spent the afternoon lounging around and watching television, which was much needed.  This morning we drove by our house to check on progress and found that the drywall was almost complete and the front needed to be bricked.  There were a few things that bothered us, though.  First off, when we drove by earlier in the week we had noticed that a pallet of bricks had fallen into the side of the house - this morning it was still there.  It looks as though the vapor barrier was compromised with the damage (Chad's words, not mine), so we are hoping that it is fixed correctly rather than just covered up with the facade.  In the living room/kitchen area there were some apple or pear cores laying on the ground, which is bothersome because of the bug potential.  There were also a few drawings on the drywall - one in the living room and another in the garage.  I know it will be covered up but it bothers me, nonetheless.
Right now the only thing that could make things even better than they are would be for me to be able to get a job.  I'm so annoyed with sitting around the house all day long, and I don't understand what is so wrong with me that I can't even get an interview.  Don't get me wrong, I love volunteering but it would be wonderful to have a paying job.  With an added income, there would be so much less for us to worry about.

Comments

Popular Posts