I met him on a Friday and my heart stood still...

I have been married to the love of my life for seven months now.  Today's blog is all about Chad and the various "highlights" of our relationship...

On Friday, March 13th, 2009 I anxiously waited in the lobby of La Fiesta for Chad to arrive.  As nervous as I was, our dinner went well and we headed to his parents house afterward to watch movies and hang out.  We lounged on the couch with Eloise for a few hours.  When Chad leaned over to kiss me, Eloise growled at him.  The was the start of a beautiful relationship! :-)

Now that you know the beginning of the story, I can briefly touch on some of our favorite moments...

~ Chad puking in Saputo's parking lot.  This was our first "nice" date, and Chad had mentioned that his stomach was kind of goofy.  We had gone to a show at Springfield Theater Center and then went to Saputo's for dinner.  We didn't make it very long, as Chad was feeling quite bad - we ended up getting our meals to go and on our way out, Chad hurled all over the parking lot.  We went back to his parents house, and it was the first time I'd met his parents - he had puke on him.  What a great impression!  I knew when I didn't freak out about puke that we were meant to be.
Oh, the Chadillac.  I think he even got some puke on it.


~ Building our house in Chatham.  We stopped by the house multiple times a week and drank beer with Jim (the builder).  Even though we had just started dating, Chad asked me to help him pick finishes.  It will always be home to me!



~ Our first trip - Chicago, Illinois.  Where do I even start?!  The first night, Chad fell off of the bed and broke the nightstand - I believe this was after I let out a 10 minute long fart.  The second day we walked all over town and I got horrible blisters and then it started pouring rain.  We still laugh about this trip to this day!


~ The Holidome Police.  We were in Alton for Megan & Dave's wedding  and stayed at the Holidome.  After the wedding, a large group of us staying in the hotel ordered some pizzas and were eating in the "dome".  As you can imagine, it got a little bit rowdy.  There was a woman on the third floor who was yelling down to us and trying to show us her boobs.  Next thing we know, here come the Holidome Police, also known as front desk staff.  Let's just say they weren't very nice. 


~ My first hangover.  We went to the Chalamo on a Saturday night and met up with a few of Chad's friends.  My friend, Kate, came too.  I drank A LOT of Crown & Diet Cokes.  (My old favorite)  This was the first night that I spent at Chad's parents house and the first time we said, "I love you."  The next morning I was running back and forth between Chad's room and the bathroom.  Rick (Chad's dad) sat in the living room, laughing hysterically.  Thankfully, his parents are a lot more understanding than mine.  I spent most of the day recovering on their couch.
Me & Kate at the Chalamo that fateful night...

I love you!


~ Our first vacation to Disney.  We had planned on going to Disney World for my birthday, but Chad went back to work for PCI so we had to reschedule.  We flew down to Florida and stayed at The Contemporary.  It was a great time and we ate a lot of good food.  We survived a week together, although we did have our first fight .
At Test Track on our first night

We waited an hour to go on Peter Pan's Flight


~ Our first fight.  We were at The Boardwalk eating lunch and were walking around when I got the urge to go to the bathroom.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a problem using public bathrooms.  I had to go so badly that I told Chad we had to go back to the hotel.  Let's just leave it at that.  I guess you know that it's a good relationship when you're fighting about poop.

~ Moving in together.  We decided it was in our best interest to live together before taking the plunge.  We are both very stubborn people, but it all worked out.  It wasn't always easy but we made it work.

~The proposal.  We had been discussing marriage for awhile and had even set a date, though Chad hadn't asked me to marry him yet.  It was the night we were signing the contract for our wedding and we had just finished eating a frozen pizza.  I handed Chad the pen to sign the contract, and he pulled me up and pulled me in front of the fireplace where he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.
Right in front of the fireplace is where we made it official.

~ Our wedding planning trip to Disney.  The only important thing to mention here is that it was very hot and I almost puked on a ride.
My "I don't wanna go home" face.

Drinking around the world

Chad with his favorite Disney character

~ Our wedding and honeymoon.  I'll spare the details, since you've probably heard it before.

~ Selling our home in Chatham.  We got very lucky and sold the house within a week. of putting it up for sale.  Packing was such a headache, and moving was one of the most difficult things that I've ever done.

~ Our first apartment. When we first got here, I really liked the apartment.  I guess it's not too bad, but it's not our own space.  I just don't think that I'm an apartment type girl. 

~ Building our new home.  This is still a work in progress, but we will be there before you know it.

I'm very lucky to have these memories, and we love to reminisce.  I'm sure there are many great moments that I've left out, however I can guarantee that I will probably write another blog similar to this in the future.  I'm one hundred percent positive we'll have many more memories over our lives.

The rest is still unwritten....

Comments

Popular Posts