Nerves

Tomorrow morning we will be leaving bright and early to head to San Antonio to pick up Chad's parents and spend the weekend.  I'm excited, but I'm also very nervous. 
First off, I've obviously never left Cappy before and I'm absolutely dreading it.  I had mentioned earlier in the week how nice it will be to have some peace and quiet and not have to worry about early-morning wake up calls from him.  I'm not going to lie, it's going to be rather strange without him.  I know that I'm going to cry when I drop him off at Chris's house today.  I keep thinking about the first time that I left William and how hard it was on me, how I worried all the time.  Sigh.  I wish I didn't worry so much.  I'm afraid Cappy is going to think that we left him and that we no longer love him.  Every once in awhile when you look at him, he looks scared or nervous - almost like he's afraid that he's going to have another big change in his life and he's going to get left behind.  That look just breaks my heart - Chad & I love him so very much and cannot imagine not having him with us.  He has come such a long way since we brought him home - he used to be terrified of Chad, and now they're best buddies.  And, the best part of all, in my opinion, is that he's filling out which makes him look even more like a teddy bear.
Very soon Chad & I will be headed to our drywall meeting with our builder and that's making me nervous, too.  The biggest question we have for him has do to with the schedule and completion.  I really hope we will be in our home for Halloween, I love trick-or-treaters!  I cannot wait to decorate our house and put up special decor for specific seasons.  I'm excited about having Thanksgiving in our new home and starting traditions.  We need to go to Cracker Barrel around Thanksgiving to make sure we get Cappy a stocking to proudly hang on our mantle.  I also need to get Cappy his first ornament! :-)  I just hope he leaves the Christmas tree alone!
Yesterday I got an email from Methodist and I start volunteering next Wednesday, the 7th.  I'm very excited, but I'm disappointed that my first day of training will be when Rick & Cindy are here.  I know they'll understand, but I wish I could spend time with them - it's not as if I have the opportunity to see them every day anymore!  I will be working there on Monday and Wednesday's from 10-1, hopefully this will help keep me occupied.  I've already had to give them a few days that I will need off, which I feel badly about, but I'm sure they understand.  I told them during my interview that we traveled a lot and would need some days off.  I did, however, offer to make up the days I am unable to work.
I just cannot believe that today is the first day of September! I have officially lived in Texas for five months now.  There are days I wish I was still in Illinois, but there are a lot of things that wouldn't be had we not moved.  I wouldn't have my car or Cappy.  I also wouldn't have had surgery.  More than anything, though, I wouldn't have been forced to grow up as much as I have since we left.  I miss my family, friends, and work but I know that this has made me stronger and forced me to be more responsible.  Everything happens for a reason, right?!
I have a lot of things that I'm looking forward to right now, and here is the list:
1. Our house
2. My parents coming to visit.  (I'm not putting Rick & Cindy's visit on here, since they will be here tomorrow!)
3. Our first Thanksgiving here
4. My friend, Heather, visiting
5. Our first winter in Texas
6. Going home for Christmas
7. Brenna & Chris's wedding in October 2012 - I'm really hoping that I'm pregnant by then, though Brenna told me last night she wants us to have a baby before the wedding (hopefully a girl) so that she has a flower girl that Cam can push down the aisle!

Alrighty, time to get moving to our meeting.  Keep your fingers crossed everything goes well!!!

Comments

Popular Posts