Another day, another dollar. Oh wait! I work for FREE!

Is it bad that I was ready for the weekend to be over practically as soon as it started?!  Don't get me wrong, I love the weekend as much as anybody, but I was ready to go back to the hospital! :-)

On Friday, Chad got home from work around 3:30 and we did our usual Friday routine - Little Caesar's Pizza.  Before we picked it up, though, we ran to Best Buy to purchase Thor which we watched after dinner.  For some reason, though, I was exhausted so I was in bed by the time it has halfway finished.  For the third night in a row, I had awful heartburn. UGH!  I'd not suffered from heartburn in quite awhile and I take Zantac morning and night (for my allergies, and to prevent heartburn) so it caught me off guard.  I actually felt so badly that I took Pepto Bismol and a Prilosec.  Chad made me get up and eat some yogurt to help the burn, which it did do.  Thankfully, it hasn't gotten out of control since then.  Whew!

On Saturday, we drove by the house on a whim - all of the trim was complete, the walls were painted and the doors were hung.  Of course, we didn't have either camera with us so we had to return on Sunday to take pictures.  We also found the sofas (yes, plural - three of them, to be exact) that we want for the house.  It's a relief knowing what we are going to do, as that is one less thing to worry about.  We also looked at decor and discussed painting some walls in the house.  One of the highlights of Saturday was that it rained!  I think we got about half an inch, which was a lot considering it hadn't rained in five months!

On Sunday we headed to the house first thing in the morning and took plenty of pictures!  I'm glad that neither one of us had our cameras on Saturday, because they had started painting the siding!!!!  AHHHHH!!!!!  It's really starting to look like a house! And, the brick looks SO much better now that the siding isn't white.  It looked like the rain stopped them from getting the job done, but it's a start!

View from the entryway

View from the kitchen

  
It rained on and off yesterday afternoon - I think the weather reports said that we got another half of an inch, and we woke up to thunderstorms this morning.  It reminded me of spring and summer mornings at home in Illinois!  Last night, during the rain - I took Cappy potty.  Maybe it's better if I say that I TRIED to take Cappy potty.  We did two laps around the apartment complex and I couldn't get the lil' monster to poop.  On our second lap I somehow managed to fall in the parking lot and rip up my knee.  Ugh!  :-(  I made Chad take Cappy to poop while I cleaned myself up.  My knee still hurts today.

I got to the hospital early this morning and after checking in made my way to Karen in Guest Relations.  I worked on many new floors today - Woman's Services (which is restricted access, most volunteers aren't allowed on the floor), Cardiac Step-Down, Oncology, Stem Cell Research/Transplant, GI, Renal and a few other general floors.  I definitely am not as comfortable when there is the potential for vomit to be involved, so I didn't particularly enjoy GI.  However, I surprised myself and really enjoyed Oncology.  I didn't get to see much on Woman's Services, as none of our patients were in their rooms.  The thing that was interesting to me is that WS doesn't include Labor & Delivery, it's mostly GYN surgery.  The other interesting thing is that after a woman has a C-Section, she is moved with her infant to WS - she's not kept in the maternity suites like they are back in Illinois.  I think I was just shocked that Maternity isn't a unit - that it is separated into L&D is kept separate from postpartum women who have had a C-Section.  Hmmm....

I got a lot accomplished today, and made it home by 2:30.  I'm really enjoying myself and even call it work, but I'm not getting paid.  Sigh...money would be a great thing, but it's not going to stop me.  Hopefully this will lead to something permanent that includes money! 

Comments

Popular Posts