Round two, times two

Here come the "weekly" pregnancy updates!!!


How far along? 8 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Two weeks ago, I was down ten pounds.  I was very pleased to find that I'd gained 2 or 3 pounds back! (Well, my OB was pleased.  I was indifferent)
Maternity clothes: Hell to the yeah. Most importantly, the pants are super comfy.
Have you told family and friends? Everybody in the world knows at this point.  We need all The prayers and happy thoughts we can get!
Have you started to show yet? I look chunky, but I definitely have a little pooch.  It won't be long
Sleep:  oh I miss my sleeping pills!  I cannot get comfortable, I itch horribly (my OB said its due to progesterone and is typical in early pregnancy), I pee two to three times at night, etc.  I'm pretty much exhausted.
Best moment this week: we told "Chef World Class" tonight and he was in shock.  He kept ordering everybody shots and had to toast to "zee twins"
Miss Anything? Ohmigod, wine!!!!  I am craving it!  I also miss not being nauseated
Movement: Still too early.
Food cravings: pizza, Panera, Arby's, and a whopper.  Mmmmmmm
Anything making you queasy or sick? Im still pretty much nauseated constantly.  Im trying really hard to eat often.  All I know is I'd be screwed without my Zofran & Diclegis
Gender prediction: I think we will have one of each, you know, to make things trickier!
Labor Signs: no.
Symptoms: nausea (sometimes I wish I could barf & get it over with), exhaustion, high blood pressure, very sensitive to smells, food aversions and bleeding (thank you sub-chorionic hematoma)
Major purchases this week? Nothing big this week, though we have been looking at new homes.
Looking forward to: finding out the gender.  I need to plan! The Rugrats will be here in no more than 29 weeks!



Got a good look at The Rugrats on Monday at HFI, they've grown so much!  Had my first real OB appointment on Tuesday and got my referral to the MFM (high-risk) clinic.  My OB was pleased with my weight gain, but not overly pleased with my blood pressure. I'm hoping it will be lower next time I see him.  He seemed pretty excited, said that he won't let me go longer than 37 weeks, making their FINAL eviction date 12/4. (I doubt I'll make it that long, he's estimating 34 weeks). 
I return to HFI on Monday morning (yippee) and will see my OB on June 2nd. My OB said he will likely see me every 2-3 weeks until I hit the 3rd trimester when I start going weekly. At 11 weeks I will be going to MFM to get the ball rolling, I have no idea how frequently I'll be seeing them - I'm sure it will be similar to my OB schedule, much like last time.
We have so many things to do for the babies. Once we know genders, I need to pull all of Charleigh's stuff out and go through clothes (hopefully we can reuse some!) and pull out all the diapers I've packed away!  We definitely need to take inventory of what we have and make a list of things we need to purchase.  I'm thinking I'll start stocking up on diapers when Target has good sales, especially since we have pharmacy rewards and the redcard.  We will definitely need to have a discussion with Dr Ho at some point about what formula he wants us to use.  We know better than to stock up on that after all of the issues we encountered with Charleigh.  The first thing I need to do, though, is call our insurance company so we can inquire about maternity benefits, especially since I'm already classified as a high risk pregnancy.  
It may seem like I have a lot of time, but time goes far too quickly anymore and they'll be here before I know it!!!

Comments

Popular Posts