Twice the Feels

After getting over the initial shock of twins, I realized that I was probably the most scared that I've ever been. Realistically, how is this going to work?

Seriously, folks, I felt absolutely crazy.  One minute I'd be fine, the next I'd be bawling.  Twins!  How in the hell am I going to manage?

Thankfully, we'd purchased the Expedition and sold my Acura.  Obviously that was a good decision.  Where will we put the car seats, though?  Charleigh in the middle, twins on outboard seats?  A stroller...how will I run errands with three children?  The only was I see is using a double stroller and put Charleigh and a twin in it, I'll have to wear the other twin.

Our house is too small - we only have three bedrooms.  The twins will have to share a room until we build a new house, but will that mess up sleeping schedules/patterns?  Where in the world are we going to put all of their things?  We need two cribs and two dressers.  Yikes!

We don't have a support system here.  Yes, we have some amazing friends, but it isn't the same. How am I going to cook dinner?  What if I need a break or get sick?  When am I going to get anything done?  I have a gut feeling we will be hiring some help at some point.

I'm already having a helluva time With morning (all day) sickness and it makes it difficult to function sometimes.  What if i end up on bedrest?  Who is going to take care of Charleigh?  What if this pregnancy is similar to the last one where I had multiple hospital admissions?  I can't bring Charleigh along, the hospital isn't place for a one-year old.

Don't get me wrong...I'm so very thankful for this opportunity, but I'm really struggling with the logistics.

Comments

Popular Posts