πŸ‘‘ A Fairy Tale Year πŸ‘‘

How in the world is it possible that Charleigh June will be one tomorrow?  This last year has just flown by.
One year ago, I was attempting to get comfortable in my hospital bed, hoping to get some rest.  It didn't work too well for me.  Chad, on the other hand, was snoring away.  I'd try talking to him, but he was long gone.  I spent the majority of the night texting my friends who kept me amused. ( I recently found some of those texts and enjoyed reading them). I also remember attempting to play my games, but I was too tired, annoyed and uncomfortable.  I'd change positions, because it was the only way I felt comfortable, and the nurse would run in because the monitors no longer registered Chaleigh's heart rate.  About 1130, they came in to start pitocin and I convinced them to give me my epidural.  Finally I could rest...
The next day mom arrived around 8am with breakfast and coffee in hand for her and Chad.  My water was broken around 715 by my doctor (still one of my favorite stories from the experience), and I remained minimally dilated at 1.  Late morning, Charleigh gave us a scare with a super low heart rate, and they turned pitocin off completely.  Miraculously I avoided a c-section and the pitocin went back on.  Unfortunately, I was only dilated to a 3.  I remained minimally dilated until 130, when I'd finally hit a 5.  Wooohooo!!! Thirty to forty-five minutes after, the pain got intense.  We didn't think anything was different because you don't dilate that fast, so I sucked it up.  Around 3-330, chad went to get the nurse to check me - it was go time!  I had to down labor quite a bit so that my OB could make it.  At 431 pm on Wednesday, May 21st, Charleigh June arrived.it was the most magical moment of my life.  A tiny, funny looking person who was all mine.  It was the best day ever - until it wasn't.  Charleighs  body temperature dropped drastically and she couldn't tolerate her feeds.  To the NICU she went...

The first few weeks were difficult, trying to figure each other out.  After we found a pediatrician who listened to our concerns and finally treAted Charleigh's reflux, things started getting better.  That's not to say that she didn't have her moments, though.  Once we hit month six, we had a routine and thing got so much easier.  We realize how blessed we've been with a fairly easy-going baby.  Month seven we spent in Illinois for Christmas, month eight we went to Walt Disney World.  Month nine we started preparing for a frozen embryo transfer so that we could give Charleigh a brother or sister.

Charleigh is an absolutely amazing little Princess and I'm so thankful that she's our daughter.  I cannot imagine my life without her in it. She is, hands down, the very best thing that's happened to us.  She's made us better people, and we are definitely much happier.  

Every doctors appointment, tear cried, shots, lightheaded spell, fits of nausea and vomiting, preterm labor scare, and every complication in the book - she was worth it all!

Happy 1st Birthday, Charleigh June Coffman!  We love you more than you will ever know.

XOXO,
Mommy & Daddy





















Comments

Popular Posts