10 weeks

How far along? 10w3d
Total weight gain/loss: I'm now down 11 pounds, I actually lost weight again. :(. Stupid nausea
Maternity clothes: Absolutely, I even broke down and bought (gasp!) maternity panties.  I'm really hoping they're comfy!
Have you told family and friends? Yep
Have you started to show yet? Sometimes I think I look fat, other times I think I look pregnant.  At least the bump is hard, so I know it's babies, not fat!
Sleep:  Thanks to my amazing OB, I've been sleeping for the past three nights!
Best moment this week: Chad went to my OB appointment on Thursday and got to see The Rugrats in action for the first time since our initial ultrasound!
Miss Anything? food...
Movement: I swore that I felt them flipping around on Thursday before my appointment.  Baby A was doing a dance or something during that ultrasound, while Baby Bslept soundly.
Food cravings: This week I've not been craving much. :(
Anything making you queasy or sick? I've felt pretty icky all week, worse than I have felt in awhile, to be honest. I can only eat a few bites of a meal before feeling like I'm about to blow chunks.  Chad came home with chicken wings tonight, and I was pretty sure there was fresh shit somewhere in the vicinity.
Gender prediction: I have no idea. My thoughts on what is in there keep changing.  Hoping to find out the 'suspected' gender on the 15th!!!
Labor Signs: no.
Symptoms: food aversions, nausea, burping (that's a new one), exhaustion, pregnancy constipation,  and shortness of breath.
Major purchases this week? We signed a contract to build a new home today!!!
Looking forward to: Genders and moving into the new house!



After two weeks of hemming and hawing, we signed a contract to build a new home today!  We went back and forth on a few things, mainly which floorplan we wanted to build and when would be the easiest time to do this. 
 After careful consideration, we decided there is no time like the present.  Selling our house is a non-issue, as most homes in our neighborhood are pending within seven days of listing.  Showing it, however, is a concern.  In order to show the house, I need to wrangle Charleigh (easy), Cappy (fairly easy), and three cats (not easy) and vacate the premises.  I know that technically I could leave the cats here while it's being shown, however I don't feel comfortable doing that.  What if people leave the door open too long and somebody escapes?  (I know Willie & Penny would be the ones that try). What if somebody brings their bratty kids with them and the kids go running around tormenting them? (Not to mention kids playing with Charleigh's toys and getting their snotty germs all over them.  Yuck!) Basically, we decided that it will be much easier to deal with now, rather than when I'm hugely pregnant or with the twins in tow.
The floorplan choice wasn't an easy one to make.  We were dead set on building the Birmingham, but the price was pretty steep and we had concerns about carrying all the munchkins upstairs, while we sleep downstairs.  Chad kept trying to get me to look at the Bradford, but I wasn't sold on it.  I gave in yesterday and realized the floorplan is actually pretty functional - it's a ranch with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths on the main level, and there's a bonus room/media room/half bath upstairs.it is about 100 square feet smaller than the Birmingham, which was the biggest floorplan they are building in the neighborhood.  The benefit of having everybody on the main level is huge, and we have a 3.5 car garage (again!!!) on a premium lot, and it's $50k less than the Birmingham. We kept marinating on it, but I was bound determined to get our lot.  This is one of those "once in a blue moon" lots, one that everybody wants.  There was a couple that were talking to Juan Pablo (who has an amazing set of hair, by the way) when we returned yesterday afternoon - they wanted to buy our lot.  Juan Pablo was trying to show them other great lots, but they were stuck on our lot.  My nerves were shot.  After going through everything with him, we decided to go to Uncle Andy's for dinner and discuss.  Didn't take us long to make the decision.  Chad called him and told him we were pulling the trigger,  and invited him to join us (Chad) for drinks. Unfortunately, Sienna. parkway was flooding and JP had no idea how to get out. We got him out of the neighborhood, but we're concerned (since there were cars that had stalled out) that he might be staying the night at our place.  Thankfully he made it home!
We ran up there after Sunday Brunch with Uncle Andy, and looked at the lots.  There was no question that we wanted that lot.  So, we met up with him a sealed the deal.  Right now our estimated completion date is 12/7, and they have deemed 12/4 the FINAL EVICTION DATE.  We are cutting it awfully close.  I'm hoping that if we get an early design center appointment, we can do it quickly, and perhaps expedite the house.  I will also be visiting the site frequently, and will hopefully remind the CM that there is a sense of urgency for completion, especially with the potential for me to have these babies at any time - or even me going on bedrest.  Yikes!!!  Although I'm freaked out about it, I'm trying not to let it get to me.  We all know that's not healthy for the babies.
This week will be a busy one, for sure.  I've got to start cleaning out closets and cabinets so the house shows better.  There are so many things to do to get this house ready to be listed.  I have my week,y appointment at HFI tomorrow, and the have an appointment with the High Risk clinic Friday for a viability check, (I'm pretty sure they're viable). And somewhere, beyond all of that, I have great intentions of making some chocolate chip cookies.  Mmmmmm!

Comments

Popular Posts