Loopy-loo

The anesthesia is starting to wear off, so I'm not nearly as loopy as I was earlier. Whew!
It was a rough morning, since I wasn't allowed food or water after midnight. My surgery was scheduled at 1:15, which made me a grumpy girl. I was so grumpy that mom and I left an hour before we needed to, because I was afraid I'd sneak some water. We went on a little adventure, and we had a pretty good time. Once we got there, we had to check in and were the. Sent to Suite 350 to wait.
A nurse called me back for vitals and sent me back to the waiting room. I swear to God, time has never moved slower in my life.
People kept getting lunch, making coffee, and I was sitting there dying. Argh!
They finally came to get me around 230, and we moved on from there. I changed into my uber-sexy gown, and waited for my iv. I absolutely loved the nurse who did everything, she was a blast! Dr Bello came in and introduced herself and we had a little discussion about the plan. She was nice enough, but I missed Dr Williams! Wasn't too crazy about the anesthesiologist, though. And the surgical nurse who came to get me wasn't very nice either. Once I got back to the OR, the anesthesiologist wasn't too bad - she was actually quite enjoyable, as was one of the nurses. I got my Valium intravenously and I started to feel like I was spinning. Next thing I now, I was waking up in the recovery room!
I wanted both Chad and my mom there, but they said I could only have one person. Not knowing if the doctor still needed to speak to us, I asked for Mom. Oops! Apparently, the doctor had already talked to me and I didnt remember any of it. Chad was a little upset that I asked for my mom instead of him, but we got it straightened out.
Chad picked up pizza and cheesecake while I went home to relax. Unfortunately, the medicine wasn't ready and I actually just picked it up about 20 minutes ago. Not very happy, CVS. You've lost a customer, especially since Chad dropped it off around 430.
I'm now home, in bed, with pain meds in my system again. Ill probably be passing out here shortly.


Comments

Popular Posts