It's Not Unusual...

The weeks has finally passed, and I'm super anxious about Monday. I know, I know...y'all are just shocked, right?!
It was another exhausting week, but I'm not so certain the exhaustion isn't associated with those silly BCP I'm taking. Yuck!
Although exhausting, the week went by fairly fast. Chad and I discussed adding another fur-baby to our family. While we'd love another dog, I'm really leaning towards another cat. First of all, they're super easy to take care of - what's another cat when you ready have one? Second, when we board Cappy, Willie is going to be so lonely! Another kitty would help fill the void.
We found a few that we liked. Of course, one was ready pending adoption. The other, well, lets just say he's special. We decided that if he's still up for adoption in a few months that we will consider him. (My coworker calls our house 'the land of misfit toys.')
Yesterday I paid nearly $1600 for my medication for this IUI cycle, and today I received my package. For some reason, I expected much more than what I got. I guess it's a good thing, though, that the doctor thinks that this will do the trick. My drugs were actually on the low side, as we were told they could run up to $3000!!!
On Monday morning, we will be going to HFI for more lab work and another ultrasound. We also get to make our payment for this cycle. I'm really hoping thAt everything goes well on Monday and that we can start our treatment.
It's all starting to feel so real! I mean, I have all these meds waiting. We are really and truly doing this!!! I'm nervous, don't get me wrong, but I'm so totally excited about the future. I cannot wait for that positive pregnant test, the first ultrasound where I see the sac, and everything that goes along with it. (Okay, possibly morning sickness, not so much. But I'll manage.). The thought of holding our baby in my arms more than makes up for it.
I'm looking forward to another quiet, relaxing weekend. I'm not looking forward to the Super Bowl. I will probably be hiding in the bedroom all day on Sunday.
Our appointment is at 8 on Monday morning, so I will be going to work immediately after my appointment. The plus side is that I get An extra hour of sleep. The drawback is that darned bloodwork. Ugh! And, that I have to wait until the afternoon to hear from my doctor regarding the newest 'gameplan'. It's going to be a LONG day!!!
I'm interested to see how emotional I am this weekend. I'm certain I will be a roller coaster of emotions, but I'm looki g forward to starting this highly anticipated process!

Comments

Popular Posts