Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Today was my final insemination!!!
Yesterday we went in for my first iui - had wonderful counts of 38 million! At first I was a bit disappointed that Dr Bello was doing it, but I really enjoyed her. She was cracking jokes and everything - very different from when she did my surgery. She nick-named me Goldilocks, because I have a difficult cervix and she tried three different speculums to find the one that was just right. It was a bit painful, but more along the lines of crampy. I did survive, though.
This morning was round two. Again, part of me had wanted Dr Williams to do it. Chad, however, made an excellent point - Dr Bello is the only doctor in the practice who has been "up in there." So, he wanted her to do it. Thankfully, it was Dr Bello. She was every bit as enjoyable, maybe more so, as yesterday. Like yesterday, my cervix was playing hard to get. Sigh...they couldn't find the speculum that was "just right' so they had to use a wide one. Holy hell, it hurt! It felt like she was mining for gold. Yikes! I feel prety icky now, and am so very thankful that I took today off. We had pretty impressive counts today - 13 million. Considering they only had 24 hours to produce, that's pretty damn good! (Especially since that's 13 million good ones!)
My plan for today is to take it easy. I've already taken some Tylenol and am hoping to cuddle with my boys. I'm also planning on getting spoiled by my wonderful husband!
On Thursday I will start my Progesterone suppositories and go back in two weeks for my pregnancy test. Keep your fingers crossed, it's going to be a LONG two weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts