Masters Sunday

Today was a strange day, but honestly everything worked out for the best.  I didn't sleep well last night, as I was up every hour to an hour and a half to empty my bladder.  Surprisingly enough I was wide awake by 7am, so we took Cappy and went for our usual Sunday drive and picked up our usual Sunday breakfast.
After eating, I decided to cuddle with the kiddos since I was going to be leaving around noon for my baby shower at my friends home.  While I was cuddling with them I got a text message to call one of my friends who was hosting the party.  Poor thing had a nasty case of the stomach flu.  I felt so badly for her, as I know how much time they had put into the party.  She graciously offered to hold the party at her house, but I couldn't let her do that.  I frantically tried to reach those that I knew were coming to the party to let them know it had been postponed. Hopefully, I didn't miss anybody and I apologize to those who didn't get the message.
Well, right after I got off the phone with Suzanne I hear Chad screaming in the other room.  Our very light blue paint for the nursery was no longer blue, but pink.  Uhhhhh...
Thankfully I'd been having doubts about the color we had chosen, so this didn't leave Chad to make such a very important decision on his own. We ran to Home Depot and found a new shade of blue and bought another gallon of paint.  We learned from our last painting adventure, so this time went much smoother.  And, we both absolutely love the color of paint that we went with.  (So much, in fact, that we are thinking about using it in other rooms in the house!)
Now the room is practically complete, with the exception of a few paint spots on the carpet and the closet system.  Next weekend we will finally be able to move the furniture in and have a real nursery!  We couldn't be happier with how the room turned out and look forward to seeing it completed. :-)
I accomplished a lot while waiting for the paint to dry - brushed the cats, finished laundry, cleaned the kitchen, etc.  We ate an early dinner of bacon cheddar burgers (yum) and French fries, and topped it off with a delicious slice of strawberry cream pie.  This girl is in heaven.
For the record, I did get teary eyed once today - when Bubba Watson won The a Masters and his adorable son toddled out to his daddy.  It was a pretty special moment that we can identify with.  Bubba and his wife struggled getting pregnant and ended up adopting their son, who was still an infant, when Bubba won two years ago.  At that time in our lives we were still coming to grips with infertility and what it meant.  We truly had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, and really thought it would be an easy fix.  Obviously, we were wrong and had no idea how much it would consume our life.
There were many times that we were ready to give up.  There were a lot of tears shed.  And an awful lot of frustration.  But we made it, and on our last attempt we BEAT infertility.  It's a pretty awesome feeling.
Although we have beat infertility, we know there are a lot of people still fighting this battle.  We think about you often, and we remember what it was like.  It feels like just yesterday.  If you or anybody you know is going through this and needs to talk, please feel free to reach out to me.  This journey was much more manageable when I had friends to talk to.

Xoxo,
Diana

Comments

Popular Posts