Diaper Party

Today was our diaper party at Center Court, and although there was a small turnout we had a blast.  The people who came are those closest to us, and we feel so spoiled by their generosity.

Our friend Lisa made the diaper cake and provided balloons.  Let me tell you that she did one helluva job!  I only wish I had half of her creativity... The balloons will most likely be coming to work with me tomorrow, as the cats seem to think they are their personal toys.  Ugh!

Our friends David & Andy showed up, though Andy had to leave early to take his daughter to softball practice.  Andy surprised me with some beautiful flowers in one of my favorite colors.  Chad could learn a thing of two from Andy...

Dave is one of our closest friends in our group.  He's an all around great guy and is always willing to help out.  When he found out that I was admitted to the hospital while Chad was in Baton Rouge, he was upset that i didn't call him for help. Since it was the middle of the night, I didn't really want to make him get out of bed to come sit with me.  I probably would have enjoyed his company, and I know he would have taken great care of me.  Uncle Dave has big shoes to fill for miss Charleigh.  I'm only hoping you can come meet her at the hospitals and spoil her (and me, of course, think of all the work I've done).  Growing and incubating is stressful.  Just remember FOOD!

The brothers.  Our brothers,we love you guys,you never know what's going to happen, but you know it's going to be fun, and that regardless, joe is ok.  (Right Paul?!). Thank you for taking us under your wings and allowing us to become family.  We just love you guys!  We loved the very generous gifts y'all gave us.  I particularly loved the hand-me-down from Kenzie, the hats are adorable and we were definitely needing socks,  I'm still jealous that y'all are going to Disney without me.  Silly Charleigh just had to get in the way.  I'll send a message with must do's for your trip tonight.  All I ask is that you think of me, and make sure Mickey knows there's a new princess in town.  Oh,a and if ya find a small tiara or crown, I'd totally pay you back.  Think about it....that all I'm asking for.

Our cupcakes were made by the amazing Caroline Henderson.  They were so moist and juicy and the icing was just right.  This is coming from a girl who doesn't like cake, mind you. (Well, unless it's my moms white cake with homemade fudge icing). The designs were perfect, and I'm honestly glad that I had half of them to bring home and enjoy.  I'm hoping to bring some to work tomorrow, but y'all know that I cannot promise anything. :-)

After awhile, we moved the party to its natural habitat, the bar and had a lot of fun telling stories, etc. we had questioned inviting Kenny, but decided against it because we just didn't know him all that well.  Kenny, of course, joined in and gave us some cash-money (which we will use towards our expensive stroller that we need) and he also gave us some solid advice.  Well, the advice was more geared towards Chad, and there is zero doubt in my mind there will be many more gems from Kenny in the future. :-). Keep em coming, Kenny...

Jake, the old manager, came up for awhile, which made my day.  Jake always took great care of us and knew everything we were going through.  He was a good friend.

It's amazing to me that we wouldn't have met any of those people had we not started going there.  Of course, I wish we frequented other places, but I really wouldn't want it any other way.  These people roped us in when we were down and gave always taken good care of us.  Just another reason....
"I love this bar.  It's my kinda place.  Just walkin in the back door, puts a big smile on my face...."

Comments

Popular Posts