Oops! We Did it Again...

We really didn't anticipate this happening so soon.
There was a kitten in need of a home. She was going to be taken to Animal Control.  You know what that means...
Euthanasia.
I know, there's a slim chance shed get adopted.  A slim chance another sucker would come along.
Chad and I...we are suckers.  Bleeding hearts.  Pushovers.
We brought the kitten home last night.  We had every intention of finding her a home, in fact, we already knew somebody who wanted her.  But we just weren't sure.  We had an executive decision to make...

I woke up last night freaking out about the fact that our Christmas cards have been ordered,  addressed and sealed.  If we keep her, our Christmas cards are wrong!  (I know...)
We named her, too. (Princess) Penny. I wanted to name her Gozer the Gozerian, but Chad wasn't having any of that. Penny it is.

This afternoon, I called our vet to make an appointment for her on Friday.  Just in case we decided to keep her.  Chad got off work early, and came home to primp for his Glamour Shots.  He spent some quality time with Penny before he primped and called me to tell me how adorable she was.  I had a gut feeling...

I came home from work and went in the bathroom to see Penny.  Gawd, she is cute!  And sweet.  I knew that it was going to be difficult getting rid of her.  I knew what my thoughts were on the subject.

Chad arrived home with dinner, and told me our friend Dani was asking about the kitten.  (Dani was the one who wanted her). Apparently, he told her we were still undecided on her length of stay.  When we sat down to eat dinner, he told me his decision...

Her name is Penny Coffman.  He said he couldn't give her away.  Apparently, she stole his heart. And, although Chad has had my heart for almost five years, he stole it again.  :-).

I cannot believe that Mr Tough Guy, the guy that claims to hate cats made the decision to add another kitty to our family. We are now officially outnumbered by cats.  Princess Penny has her Daddy wrapped around her paws...

Welcome to the family, Penny!  We love you!



Comments

Popular Posts