He's havin' a Bad, Bad Day

Perhaps I should say a bad, bad week...
I was stoked on Monday morning, knowing that Chad would be home when I got home from work.  I had a gut-wrenching feeling, though, that he wouldn't be feeling one-hundred percent.  Sure enough, when the phone rang and I heard his voice, I knew.  Horrible flight, set off by the fact that he felt like crapola.  So typical.  He felt so badly, in fact, that he stopped at a gas station on his way home to blow chunks. Icky!! When I got home he was laying in bed looking pretty miserable.  Sigh.
On Tuesday, I let him sleep in while I got ready for work.  Around lunch I got a text message from him saying that he had called in sick.  He never calls in, so I knew he felt bad.  On Wednesday, while we were both getting ready for work, he asked me to make him a doctors appointment.  Very obvious that the poor guy was sick, eh?! He barely made it to his appointment in time and had to head back to the job site afterwards. The PA said that she was confident that head a virus of some sorts, and that if he still felt badly on Friday he needed to come back.
It's a good thing he started feeling better, because there was no way in you-know-what that he could go back.  He worked late on Thursday night, and had to get up early to set up a golf outing that he had coordinated.  Unfortunately, during the outing there was a lot of work drama going on so he was in a super-foul mood by the time he got off of work.  He actually ended up working until midnight here at the house, and going back in at 4 am yesterday.  He got to come back home for a few hours to nap, before heading back into work.  Poor guy finally got to bed around 1:30 this morning.
And then the phone rang...he'd probably had 4 hours of sleep.  He brushed his teeth, put on clothes and headed back to the plant.  He's still not home yet.  I can only imagine how exhausted he must be right now, :-(
On Friday, my mom arrived and I got teary-eyed when I saw her puddle jumper pull up.  She had an in eventful flight, and her luggage had come out before she was out of the bathroom.  We stopped by the grocery store on our way home and then we went shopping after we had lunch and she unpacked. Since Chad had work drama going on, we picked up BBQ from Brookstreet for dinner and then went to bed.
Yesterday Mom and I got up fairly early and went to the grocery store and DSW before meeting Suzanne for lunch at BJ's.  We spent a good two hours there and laughed pretty damn hard.  When we got home, Chad was in bed so I cuddled up next to him for a little nap. After he got up and ready to go, the doorbell rang.  Me being me, let Chad answer.  It was our new neighbors, The Hall's.  I'd spoke to Melissa a few times but had never met her husband.  It was so nice of them to stop by and introduce themselves.  We had a nice getting to know you chat, and the best part was when Chris said, "I thought I saw a hidden Mickey on your pumpkin!". Guess what?! They're Disney addicts, too. :-) (This face is not nearly smily enough). I love it!  I can tell this is the beginning of a good friendship and I'm so thankful that we were given Mickey-loving neighbors!!!
Mom and I ordered a pizza for dinner and sat down to watch, "What to Expect When You're Expecting.". Very disappointing.  Not really a good movie at all. I really expected it to be hilarious...guess I should have listened to my coworker.
This morning we ran to Target and Buc-ee's before meeting Suzanne for pedicures.  My toes are ridiculously cute. Vivian did them again, and as usual she did a phenomenal job. I also got my nails done so that my rings are nicely displayed. :-) We ran to a few more places, and I got a pair of shoes to go with my orange dress before heading home.
I had a nice talk with our neighbor, Chris, on Facebook.  I can tell that we have a lot in common. It is also nice to have neighbors our age. I actually cannot wait to get back from Illinois so that we can all get together. :-)
Mom and I are just sitting here, patiently waiting for Chad to get home.  I cannot believe what an awful weekend it has been, and it sucks even more that I'll be leaving for Illinois on Thursday without him.  Hopefully I am well-distracted by my friends and the many appointments that I have back there. Oh, and I'm totally saving my calories for Tuesday Margarita night at La Fiesta...

Comments

Popular Posts