Third Time's a Charm???

This morning we had an appointment with Dr. Heaps for a follicle check.  I knew he was on call at Methodist (I have access to call schedules), and was worried since Chad had an appointment with Dr. Vanderzyl an hour after my appointment.  We got there fifteen minutes early, since Chad got stuck at work, and got called back almost immediately.  Since  AF hadn't shown her disgusting face, I got to provide a urine sample and I hear Dr. Heaps yelling when I walked into the bathroom.  Of course, he had to run to the hospital for a delivery.  Thank God the hospital is next door.  Atenea (his assistant) said that it shouldn't be too long, so we decided to risk it.  About 9:25, I heard his voice.  Whew!  I decided to play it safe I would call Dr. Vanderzyl's office to let them know we were running about 15 minutes behind.  Of course, as soon as I get on the phone with them, Dr Heaps walks into the room.  Story. Of. My. Life.
I had a bad feeling in my gut, seeing as I had some nasty pains this last cycle.  (Yes, I had my Grumpy Pants on.) I'm pretty sure Dr could tell when he walked in the room, too.  "Your pregnancy test was negative."  I really wanted to reply, "no shit, Sherlock" but I refrained.  We had a discussion about how we were going to proceed, seeing as this will be my third cycle of Clomid.  Since I had a positive OPK, they said I was pretty much alright to continue treatment.  Unfortunately, there was some sharp pain during my exam and I could see the look of concern on his face.  Yup - this called for an Ultrasound.  *PUKE*
I've had numerous ultrasounds before, and I know it's really no big deal, but here's the thing...they have a guy named Chad who does them.  You have to admit, you're wondering how a male would get into OB/GYN ultrasounds...Yup, I was too.  Just a bit strange. After the initial ultrasound, I got sent to empty my bladder for the internal/vaginal ultrasound.  Very awkward for me.  I think it was a bit awkward for my hubby, too.
This Chad guy was phenomenal though.  He took his time and explained everything to both of us.  It was possibly the most comfortable vaginal ultrasound I've ever had.  (If comfortable can even be used to describe a vaginal ultrasound.)
While there was a cyst present, it was very small so Dr. Heaps gave me the green light for cycle number three.  :-)  Hooray!!!!  Since I needed to return in four weeks, and we'll be in Illinois, I had to discuss seeing Donna with him.   I explained to him just how important it was to me for him to let me know if he was "offended."  He didn't appear offended, just indifferent.  But, seeing as it is really the only option I have he agreed.
We hurried over to Chad's appointment with Dr. Vanderzyl, and waited awhile to see him.  No big deal.  Honestly, we expected to wait, since we were running behind.  (Of course, the necessary ultrasound pushed us about 20 minutes behind schedule.)  We got back there and Chad made himself at home.  As usual, he stood up and started dancing and Dr. V came into the room.  I tell you, impeccable timing.  Everything was pretty routine for Chad, though he claims that he is traumatized from the flu shot, lab tests, and wart removal.
Seriously?!  I just had a massive wand shoved up my crotch by some strange dude.  Get. Over. It.
From Chad's appointment, we headed to lunch at The Rouxpour and I called Donna's office to try to schedule an appointment for next month.  I had to go into detail with the receptionist (which I HATE!!!!) and leave a message for her nurse to call me back.  Of course, I missed the call while I was at lunch and immediately called them back.  It was a new nurse, but she (thankfully) seemed to "get" the situation.  She was trying to get me to schedule an annual exam.  Yeah, don't need that.  When she was scheduling the appointment she said she was trying to get an appointment with an ultrasound.  UGH!  I explained to her that I'm only getting a manual exam and the ultrasound if there's any concern, but she didn't buy it.  I guess that's just not their protocol.  :-(  Guess I'll just suck it up and pay Springfield Clinic another $150.  (Hopefully it will get coded properly this time.)
I also got a message from Dr. Ingraham's office regarding my appointment on Thursday.  Apparently, she's changed her schedule and will only be working on Wednesday from now on.  (Must be nice to be a Dermatologist.)  So, I had to push my appointment back to November.  I can't just expect work to let me off on a Wednesday without advanced notice, ya know?!  Especially since we're short-staffed.  :-(  Oh well, nothing I can do about it.
We don't have much planned for this weekend.  We have to take Chad's suit to a tailor to get altered, clean the house and go shopping.  We are going to go look at a house this weekend - it's still in Sienna, just a waterfront lot, that's twice the size of ours.  :-)  I'd love the extra land, but I really love my house. :-(  At least it'd be an easy move...

Comments

Popular Posts