Ding Dong!

I swear, all of these hormones have got me down...I wore my grumpy pants most of last week.  Ughhh!  Of course, it probably didn't help that most everybody in the office wore their grumpy pants, too.
As you can imagine, it was a LONG week.  I was dreading Friday, since Chad would be leaving to go to Las Vegas for a Bachelor Party.  Seriously.  Not.  Fair.
I'll just sit at home with two thumbs up my ass while you spend a shit-ton of money in Vegas on lap dances and alcohol.  I made it clear that I didn't want to be the recipient of any middle of the night phone calls, and thus far I've been fairly lucky.  I was pretty weepy on Friday when he left, but recovered quicker than I expected.
I've spent my "Single Lady" weekend watching trashy television shows and Lifetime movies in pajamas.  It's been pretty nice.  The new Walmart opened this past week, so I went there and purchased some pumpkins (five, to be exact) and paints.  I spent awhile painting the pumpkins yesterday and placed them on display in front of our house today.  It rained a lot on Friday afternoon/evening, so I curled up in bed after my dinner of Chickfila and enjoyed quiet time reading without ANY interruptions.  I know, sounds silly, but very rarely do I actually get to read without interruptions when Chad is here.   Until lunch today, Chickfila was the only fast food I consumed...I actually made my meals yesterday. 
I was kind of tired of sitting around the house in jammies this morning, so I ran to Ulta, Old Navy and Kohls before stopping by Five Guys for a greasy burger and fries. MMMMMmmmmm!!!   I found the cutest Halloween costume for Cappy at Old Navy, if only I could figure out how to keep the pirate hat on his head. :-)  Totally excited about Halloween now!!!
Mom will be here on Friday afternoon - I cannot wait!!! :-)  I'm already planning meals and shopping for us.  Since I have to work three days before we leave for Illinois, she will be cooking for us while I'm at work. Hooray!!!!!  That will definitely make my life easier.  I still have some things to do in preparation for Mom's arrival and I have to start putting stuff together for the trip home.  I finally booked our room in Little Rock for the drive home, which will cost around $200...multiply that times TWO (there and back) and count in all the gasoline...YIKES!
There probably won't be much blogging for the next two weeks or so, but I'm going to try...

Comments

Popular Posts