The Waiting Game

Another long week here, most of it filled with anxiety over the HSG (hysterosalpingogram) that was done on Friday.
On Friday morning, I took four Advil before heading to Memorial Hermann for my HSG.  I was too nervous to eat much of anything, though I knew it was in my best interest.  Thankfully, Chad stopped at McDonald's to get me a Parfait, my usual breakfast.  I chowed that down in record time and filled out two pages of paperwork before getting called back.
Of course, my blood pressure was a little bit high - thank you nerves.  The radiologist performing the test was super nice, and reminded me of the doctor from "Look Who's Talking." Bwahahahah!  Getting the catheter in was quite tricky, and I apologized to him ahead of time for anything that might come out of my mouth.  Thankfully I didn't utter anything totally inappropriate - the worse I said was the Lord's name in vain.  :-)  (Pretty big feat, if you ask me!)
Part of the test wasn't awful, but the rest of it was.  Immediately, my left tube filled with contrast.  After much poking, prodding and moving around trying to get the contrast to leak into my right tube - it didn't happen.
I have the "Unofficial" results from the radiologist, but am waiting for a phone call from my doctor tomorrow for the "Official" results.  At this point, it appears that my right tube is completely blocked. Of course, all you need is ONE tube to get pregnant, but we know how my luck runs.
I'm anxiously awaiting the call from Dr. Heaps tomorrow - I'm curious as to whether or not we'll be doing surgery to unblock the tube, or how we will proceed.  I guess I should wait for that phone call rather than speculating, eh?!
I felt fairly good most of Friday, but Friday evening I started to hurt - A LOT.  I took some pain meds and headed to bed, and then awoke at 4am in horrendous pain.  I took more pain meds and tried to control the pain through medication all day yesterday.  Today I'm still in some pain, but I'm fairly certain it won't be anything like it was yesterday.  I'm just hoping the pain disappears before work tomorrow. :-(
I'm looking forward to a shortened work week - I'm off Thursday due to a Dermatologist appointment and am off on Friday (as usual).  I'm looking forward to our long weekend in Destin next month, and am spending plenty of time at the pool in preparation! :-)
Will keep y'all updated on the "Official" results...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts