Scare 2.0

It's hard to believe that I made it to almost 32 weeks without hospital admission!

Last Thursday I woke up with swelling yet again.  Add in an ugly headache and I started to get concerned...

I checked my blood pressure, like a good girl.  You know, since they want me monitoring it.  122/93.  Yikes!

I jumped in the shower and called my OB when I was done, about 15 minutes after they opened for the day.  I was hoping (and praying) that since he was in the Sienna office that day he'd just have me run in, check it out and send me on my way.  No such luck...

To labor and delivery I went.

Of course, it would be a day that Chad was in meetings.  Sigh. I texted one of my good friends, who headed up there after she dropped her daughter off at school - that way she could help with Charleigh until Chad got there.  

I was fairly calm the entire drive up there - after my appointment a few days prior I'd started to come to grips with the thought of having them early, etc.  And then I go into my room. (311, for the record). I started melting down, having a panic attack.  The room was a sauna. The nausea started.  Damn anxiety.

I gave them my urine sample and dressed in my gown.  Last pregnancy I always left my pants on, but this time I left my modesty at the door.  One, it was too damn hot.  Two, I'm having two babies that means two sets of monitors on my belly.  Yuck!  The nurse came in and hooked me up to the monitors and blood pressure cuff.

I was still anxious.  I had the nurse turn the thermostat all the way down and requested ice water.  The room was closing in on me.

Once my friend Crista got there I was able to relax.  Probably just something about having somebody with me, which is strange, because I did this alone a few times last pregnancy and didn't have near the anxiety.  Oh well...

Good news is that I was able to get my blood pressure stabilized and was sent home on bedrest.  Monitoring did pick up a few BIG contractions while I was there, and my urine showed a trace of protein.   

 Since then I've been monitoring my blood pressure at home and trying to do a better job at staying of my feet.  All I can say is that I'm so thankful for my friends and that I get to keep these babies in a bit longer!

Comments

Popular Posts