Monthly appointment

Welp, today was a big day.  The day I've been dreading since finding out I was pregnant - Glucose Tolerance Test day.  Thankfully, it went much better than it did a few years ago.
I took my good friend, Zofran, immediately upon getting out of bed and started getting ready for my appointment.  I spoke with my doctor about my concerns, particularly since we had planned on me doing the jelly bean version.  I had been trying the jelly beans on my own to see which ones I could best tolerate - which is NONE!  My awesome doctor was going to let me out of it, since I didn't appear to be at high risk for GD.  That's when I caved and told him to give me the nasty drink.
He's completely awesome - sat with me while I drank the nasty liquid and we chit-chatted to distract me from what I was doing.  When I had one sip left he told me that he couldn't watch anymore because it made it want to yak.  Gee, thanks buddy.
Charleigh definitely didn't care for the drink, as she immediately started kicking away.  She was quite adamant about it too, because I could occasionally see her through my shirt.  The hour long wait was painful.
 The lab was crowded, and I started getting uncomfortable. I kept checking my watch to see how much time I had left.  I really don't know what I would have done had I not had a smartphone, because it kept me distracted.  The last five to ten minutes were the worst.  I started feeling icky, and they called me back just in time.  The liquid wasn't sitting so well, and I desperately needed some water to dilute it.  Needle prick done, water chugged.  Much better!  Now I'm just waiting on the results.  Crossing my fingers for good numbers.

Now it's time for the weekly update:

How far along: 25 weeks
Size of baby: eggplant - 9 inches, 1.7 pounds
Total Weight gain/loss: I've gained 1 pound!!!!
Maternity Clothes:  Yeah, buddy.
Gender: Girl
Movement: Oh yes, she is definitely her father's child.  She never stops moving
Sleep: it's getting a bit better, thanks to my good friend Mr Snoogle
What I miss: Sleeping throughout the night and energy
Cravings: Arby's, macaroni & cheese, and soft serve ice cream
Symptoms: Crazy dreams, restless nights, fatigue, mild nausea & moodiness
Highlight of the week: not barfing during my GTT





Comments

Popular Posts