Another one bites the dust

I survived my second week of Chad's training in Baton Rouge!  Is it easy?  Heck no, but I'm making it.  I can say it is getting easier, though.
The past week was a mediocre one.  I felt great on Monday and Wednesday, but felt super crappy on Tuesday and Thursday.  I guess the further along I get in the pregnancy, the more common the crappy days will be.  
On Wednesday I went to dinner with my neighbor/friend Lydia.  It was a much needed break from what has been my normal - fast food or frozen TV dinner.  As usual, we had a good time.  Thursday morning, though, I woke up feeling awful.  I started getting ready for work and had another one of my episodes.  I ended up spending the morning dry heaving and laying in bed, as I had to call in for the morning.  It just wasn't happening.  I felt awful calling in, but there was no way I would have made it to work.
Friday morning I had my dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test and monthly appointment. Everything looked good - I measured in perfectly and finally gained a bit of weight.  Unfortunately, we had to have a discussion about my stress level and cutting back my hours at work.  I spent the rest of Friday being a slug and anxiously anticipating Chad's return home that evening.  
Saturday morning we got out of bed early to start running errands, and we made the final decisions on the nursery.  I'm excited to get it all started this coming weekend!  We met Lydia and her husband for lunch at a yummy place called Guru Burgers.  Mmmmm!  My mouth is still watering.  We also celebrated our third anniversary, more on that later...
Yesterday was rough, just knowing that Chad would be leaving to go back to Baton Rouge.  It definitely doesn't get any easier, as I cried when he left. I'm just thankful that this is a short week and that he will be back home on Thursday evening.
Today was a relatively uneventful day at the office.  I suspect that I failed my Glucose Tolerance Test based on the numbers.  I'm sure I'll be calling the doctors office tomorrow regarding scheduling my 3-hour test.  Sigh...  

Comments

Popular Posts