Missing You?!

With just one full day remaining before we bid Illinois adieu, I find myself reflecting upon the things that I do and don't miss about it here:

I miss my coworkers and 'family' at PEC.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my work family in Texas, but there are so many more people to miss here.  They've been a part of my life for quite awhile, and I know they will always be a part of my life.  I can only hope that Carlos & Tracey can fill those shoes.

I miss family.  I know, they probably should have been listed first, but this list is in no particular order other than what's on my mind.  I miss pedicures with Mom, lunches with Daddy, bad tv shows and Rockband with Chase, and just relaxing with everybody picking on each other.  I miss my Elijah, and it breaks my heart that this could very well be the last time I see him and get sloppy Eli kisses and black fur all over me.  And, honestly, there's nothing better than a big old dog that wants nothing more than to be a lap dog!!!

I miss our old house in Chatham, America.  We built that house together and we have so many memories there.  Eating dinner on the couch while watching either "Two and a Half Men" or "House Hunters."  Finding snakes in our backyard, getting snowed in, throwing our Halloween pumpkins in the cornfield.  Chad pulling me off of the couch, in front of the fireplace and getting down on one knee...

Being able to drive from one side of town to the other in a total of fifteen minutes.  Having a wonderfully accommodating veterinarian at our fingertips.  Dave Floyd changing my oil, Auto Glass to fix our rock chips.  Amazing thin crust pizza.  Horseshoes, Saputos, and La Fiesta.  Buying liquor at the grocery store, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.  Our friends, who could always be counted on for a good time.  Mom's cooking, homemade birthday cake, and free pet sitting.


I don't miss this horrific cold weather that brings bloody noses, illness and awful dry skin.  Cornfields, which equals nothing more than bad allergies.  Crappy roads, snow and ice.  The typical small-town gossip.  Feeling like you're "on-stage" constantly and that everybody knows your business.  The lack of things to do, a consistently runny nose, few shopping options, and feeling like you need to bundle up inside your house.

Obviously, I love Texas.  But there are some things I really miss about Illinois.  More than anything I hate being so far away from family.  It's nice to be able to be independent, but it's also very nice to have help when you need it.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Moving to Texas provided us with many opportunities that we wouldn't have had in Illinois.  We have been able to pay off debts, buy three new cars, and build a gorgeous home.  We most definitely wouldn't have a Cappy dog, Jimmy cat, or a Pretty Penny.  Without Pretty Penny, we wouldn't have met great friends and started a career transition that will better our lives.  And, we have been so totally blessed by the amazing friends we have made while in Texas, some of them are like family to us.  And, most importantly, I wouldn't be pregnant with Charleigh.  In 18 weeks, our lives will be changed forever...

And we couldn't be more excited by it!

Comments

Popular Posts