Round Two!

Another busy week has passed, leaving both Chad and I exhausted and in somewhat funky moods.  On Monday, I arrived at my office only to find that our cable was not working.  Ugh!  It was just Carlos and I in the office, as Tracey had the day off, but let me tell you - it was the LONGEST day ever.  You don't realize how much the television really helps the day pass by.  We don't actually watch television, but the background noise is pretty important.  The week pretty much dragged ass without that background noise, but we managed to survive.
My follow-up "follicle check" was scheduled for Friday, and I was anxious to find out if we were able to move on to "round two" of Clomid.  My appointment was originally scheduled at 4:15 pm (YUCK), but Chad and I had decided that we'd go to dinner afterwards.  I was thrilled when I received the phone call saying that Dr. Heaps had to be out of the office at 3:30, so they needed to move my appointment up.  We decided to go out to a nice lunch and walk around First Colony Mall prior to the appointment.  We ate lunch at an adorable restaurant called Mia Bella Trattoria before we headed over to Sweetwater.  We got there thirty minutes early (which could have caused a super long wait) and landed rockstar parallel parking in front of the office. 
Watching Educational Videos
Thankfully, we got called back after five minutes in the waiting room.  I'm pretty sure they put us in room three because it had a computer that Chad could play with, rather than going through all the drawers and cabinets in the exam room.  As usual, Chad made himself right at home.  Dr. Heaps came in and started laughing at us immediately, saying that, as usual, we left him speechless.  He really doesn't know what he got himself into with us - I told him it's the beginning of an interesting relationship.  Bwhahahahahhahah!  The good news is that I had no cysts, so we were given the green light for cycle number two. :-)  I will admit, however, that it felt like he was yanking something out of me at one point.  (Sorry for the TMI!)  I went home, took some Advil and curled up with a book for the remainder of the afternoon.
He has udders
Chad's example of abnormal sperm morphology.

Yesterday, we disposed of our patio furniture as it had been infested with Crazy Ants and spent some time trying to find a replacement.  We didn't have much luck, so we'll be doing some online shopping.  I got a lot stuff done around the house yesterday - the meat is packaged and in the freezer and the laundry is done.  I'm hoping to get the said laundry put away, kitchen cleaned, floors cleaned and taco meat cooked and frozen today - maybe with a side of laying by the Resort Pool.  We shall see....
Now it's time for me to step on my soapbox, so if you may be easily offended, you may want to stop reading here. (This isn't aimed at anybody particular, either)
I am SICK AND TIRED of getting on Facebook seeing pregnancy announcements.  I wish people would just think about others.  I'm glad you're pregnant, but I'm not.  I've reached the point that I question if it will ever happen for me.  Some people just have NO BUSINESS having children, because they have a difficult time taking care of themselves - sure am glad that the government will bail you out and allow you to keep popping kids out of your vadge.  Maybe the government should step back and help the people who have the means to support children, by making infertility treatments more affordable.  In the past month, we have spent at least $500 trying to get pregnant (medication, ovulation kits, HPT's, multiple doctors appointments) - and that's chump change!  I can only imagine how much we will have spent by the time it is all said and done.
While I'm at it I'm going to share another thing that is irritating me...dumb people!  I know of somebody who is trying to get pregnant on Clomid - but hasn't had any medical testing, such as a HSG.  Yeah, let's spend money without knowing if my tubes are even open!  And the clincher - this person doesn't want to spend the money to get the HSG because it costs $800 and they cannot afford it.  Hmph!!!  How in Sam Hell are you going to afford a goddamned kid?!  Oh yeah, the government will pay for that child.  UGH!!!!!
Another thing that irritates me are people with five kids who want another.  Shut up.  I just want one.  That is all.  Way to make me feel like a complete failure.

Okay, I promise I'm done. 
Tomorrow I start round two with Clomid, and I'm hoping  to tolerate it as well as I did last time. I don't have high hopes that it will work, though I'm trying to remain positive.  In six short (or long) weeks, my mom will be here from Illinois and I will begin the journey back to Illinois for two weddings and almost two weeks of relaxation in central Illinois.  :-)  Mom has already spoken with Donna, my OB in Springfield, about getting me in if I have any problems or need monitoring while I am at home.  Of course, Chad is worried about offending Dr. Heaps so we will be discussing this with him at our next appointment.  (It's not like he's going to be able to do anything while I'm in Illinois, ya know?!)  I'm so thankful that we have such wonderful people (friends & doctors) in Springfield who are willing to help us out! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts