Decisions...

A few days ago I had my 29 week OB appointment - everything checked out wonderfully.

It appears as though the modified bedrest has really made a difference in my blood pressure.  Both babies are cephalic and are looking good.  (They're also very active). Only thing that was of concern to my OB was the fact that I'm not gaining as much weight as I should.  I promised him I'd work on it, but cannot make any promises.  I also got the very dreaded tdap (owwwwwww) and my flu shot.

We had a discussion about delivery, which caught me off guard.  If you recall, the original estimate for induction was November 13th, because of the complications I had with Charleigh.  Most recently Thanksgiving was recommended, especially since he will be on call that entire weekend.  Although I didn't want to spend my favorite holiday in the hospital, I'd kind of grasped that date and set my heart on it.  The other day he suggested December 8th...my birthday.  Uhhhhhhh......

This I wasn't expecting.  Apparently I'm the 'anomaly' and am having a very successful twin pregnancy.  (Why am I ways the anomaly?!). I'm not mentally prepared to share my birthday with my babies.  If it were a surprise and happened naturally that would be awesome, but. I don't want to plan that!  We talked it over and he said that would be the absolute latest he would do it, that thanksgiving is probably a little more realistic.  Whew!

We also had a discussion about method of delivery - vaginal versus c-section.  Right now, since both are head down, I'm a perfect candidate for vaginal delivery, but there are some risks...once Campbelle comes out, Coleson could flip and make a c-section necessary.  Obviously, their positioning can change between now & then, which could change things completely.  He suggested that I talk to chad and figure out what we would prefer.

I can honestly say that I'm torn on this one.  I thought I wanted a csection so I could get my tubes tied, but I think we've decided against it at this time.  I don't want to recover from both a vaginal delivery and a csection.  I'd also hate to have an emergency csection.  Part of me feels like a scheduled csection is the best (and safest) route for us, especially with twins.  But the other part of me kind of wants to attempt a vaginal delivery.  As Chad said, I kicked ass delivering Charleigh so I could kick ass again.  I never thought I would have a successful vaginal delivery, but I did..and it made me damn proud of myself.  So, I kind of want to try again.  Not one hundred percent sure though.  I've already had one successful vaginal delivery, so at least there won't be any regret...

I'm just not sure what I want to do.  Guess it's a good thing that I have some time to decide...

Comments

Popular Posts