Celebratory Dinner

Today marked the beginning of the final week of the first trimester, next Friday I will be 1/3 of the way through the pregnancy.  On Monday afternoon I "graduated" from seeing the RE, which was also bittersweet.  I wasn't released until 13 weeks last pregnancy, so I was shocked to be cut short this time.  But, it was a good thing.  He felt comfortable with the care I am receiving from both my OB and my high-risk doctor.  He's assured me that if I need anything or have any questions or concerns, to give him a call.
Tonight we celebrated those milestones.  And, we celebrated them with Dr Williams and his beautiful wife at dinner.  In some ways, it was strange.  I mean, just this past Monday he was sticking a vaginal probe in me for an ultrasound.  We've been through a lot together these last three years - some really low lows, pent up frustration, anger, denial, sadness, and some points where we wanted to give up.  Of course, there's also been some great moments - getting those phone calls with my great HCG numbers, first ultrasounds, graduation (which is always bittersweet), and the very best which is taking our miracle babies back to his office to meet him after they've been born.
Tonight we were able to celebrate everything.  The miracle of life.  How we found him.  How even when things didn't work out, he knew he could make it happen.  We talked about having faith and never giving up. We talked about how normal it is to be completely stressed out and bitchy during this process.  How it's ok to be whiny when you don't feel well, because you've gone through an awful lot to get to where you're at.
My favorite part of our conversation was when he said, "you know, you've got to work.  So let's find a job that makes you happy.  I was happy delivering babies, but felt there was just something missing.  I now help make people parents, something they've dreamed of for a long time, and that's pretty damn cool."
He's a very wise man, who has a lot of awesome stories to tell.  Although it was a bit awkward, I really enjoyed spending time with him outside of the office.  He's a truly wonderful person, and does a truly phenomenal thing for others - he's kind of like a genie, he makes your wish become a reality. That's pretty special.
I really hit it off with his wife, she and I are frighteningly similar.  We re discussing taking cooking classes together, and she's offered to watch Charleigh should anything come up.  After talking to her, I want to be more like her.  She's a very giving and caring woman.  Something I should aspire to be.
I'm thankful we had this opportunity, and hope we can do this again.  It was good for us to step out of our comfort zone.
But, the main point of this is to thank Dr Williams for everything he has given us the last three years.  We wouldn't be where we are today without him.  He gave us our beautiful Charleigh June, and gave us the mystery twins.  He will always be very special to our family. 

 He made us a family, without him we'd just be a puzzle missing pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts