A very late update

I should probably read my previous entry to see what was said and what I spoke about, but its too late for that.  I guess I will just jump right on in...

Chad's parents (R & C) and his sister (B) were in town for  Labor Day weekend.  We ate a lot of food and did a bunch of shopping.  This girl was worn out..  I had been on the horrendous Lupron for a month and as crabbier than ever.  Imagine my surprise when I found out  that I was starting my  shots on the 30th!  I was so happy that I started crying,  this was finally happening.  I jumped right into the shots without problems or concern.  Four days later, I returned to the office for my usual testing.  Not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed in what I saw.  Oh well, it was still early.
I continued progressing slowly for the next 17 days.  No, that's not a typo - 17 days of Stims.  Ugh!  I'm pretty ripe at this point.  Thankfully I was able to trigger tonight and my egg retrieval is scheduled for Wednesday morning.  On Thursday they will call with the fertilization report and decide when I will have the transfer done,  I'm sort of hoping for a five day transfer, but that puts a kink in my work schedule.  Either way we will figure it out.
My mom flew in on Thursday, as they thought at one point that I was going to have my retrieval on Friday or Saturday.  This was then pushed back to Sunday or Monday, and later pushed back to Wednesday.  We have been enjoying ourselves - cooking, baking, and shopping.  Of course, now we have moved on to reading and watching movies.  That, you see, is what happens when you feel like you're about to burst.

In other news, Chad is on his third week at his new job and he is enjoying it,  he says its a great group and he feels he fits in well,.  He also went golfing on Saturday with two former coworkers, and came home in a pretty good mood.

While Chad was golfing, mom & I headed to PetCo with Cappy.  Chris from Bandade was up there with some potential adoptees, and she wanted to see the Cappy monster and show me a particular little dude named Blue.  Blue is a 7 month old Blue point Siamese who lost his right eye due to severe infection.  Miraculously, they were able to save his left eye though he has very minimal vision from it.  Let me tell you - that doesn't stop him at all.

So, yes our new addition, Blue You're My Boy Coffman, will be joining our family on Wednesday.  On Thursday he gets his pedicure and we won't get him back until Saturday.  You can bet your life on the fact that we will be visiting him often after his procedure until he comes home.  At this point my biggest concern is that if I have my retrieval on Wednesday, my transfer will be either Saturday or Monday. I really don't want to leave him there for that long and hope we can pick him up bright & early Saturday morning.

Since I'm feeling icky, tomorrow will probably be another lazy day in preparation of my big day on Wednesday. I'm very excited and anxious, but more than anything I'm sad that Chad will only be there long enough to make his donation, as he has meetings all day long.  Thank God my mom is here to take care of me.

That's enough for tonight, and I'll try to update more tomorrow.

Xoxoxo,
Diana .

Comments

Popular Posts