Christmas Day

It was a nice, quiet day at the Gurgens' house.  I woke up fairly early this morning to take Cappy out and decided to stay up so that I'd sleep really good tonight.  Around 9am I started getting impatient and wanted to get the "party started."  I forced Chad and Cappy out of bed so that we could open gifts.  I was pretty excited, because there were some surprise gifts that nobody knew about.  Chase really liked the Chick-fil-a shirt that we got him and Chad was pretty darned excited about his NERF gun.  Chad, Chase and I all got some small gifts from my parents along with a check and some Reese's trees.  I knew I could count on my Mom to make it happen! LOL. 
While Mom made lunch and Chad got ready for his parents house, I went downstairs with Chase to go through Grandpa Bill's chest.  There were some pretty cool things in there - his discharge papers, shooting diplomas, and many pictures.  I found a set of really cool candelabras which will soon have a new home in our office. I also found a really cool watch (that doesn't work) that belonged to my Great-Grandma Benson - it is silver and engraved with her initials (maiden name) so we know that it's pretty old.  It actually fits me perfectly and Mom is letting me have it - I thought it might be a really cool to wear it as a bracelet. I also took a few family pictures to put into a photo album at our house.
After lunch, which was delicious, Chad left to go to his parents house for the day.  They always have Christmas dinner there, and since I wanted to spend some quality time with my family (and we spent all day over there yesterday) Chad went on his own and will be staying there tonight.  Tomorrow he will be doing some work around his parents house, while I go to lunch and get pedicures with Heather.  (Which I am totally looking forward to!)
It's crazy, because Chad's on the other side of Springfield but I miss him SO much.  I am looking forward to having the bed to myself tonight, though! :-)  In fact, I'm planning on heading there shortly and playing with my iPad!  (Which is the greatest invention ever!)

Comments

Popular Posts