Busy Bees & Bad Luck

Chad and I have been keeping busy this weekend, despite the fact that we had planned on relaxing all weekend long. We had planned on running to Walmart for a few items and spending the rest of the weekend relaxing.  Yeah, right...
Ran to Walmart yesterday to pick up a few things and, of course, the few things ended up being $300 worth of stuff and two hours of our Saturday...which then turned into most of Saturday since we purchased a few items that had to be put together.  We finally got Cappy a real crate which we lovingly call the "Cappy House."  He does so much better in the metal crate, probably because it's bigger and he doesn't feel as closed in.  We also found the perfect tv stand for our bedroom, this saved us at least $100 and we're so happy with it.  I'll have to get some pictures to post because it matches our bedroom furniture so well.  We were very excited about this purchase.  Around 4:30 yesterday we grilled some steaks and enjoyed an early dinner - before watching a little bit of television and retreating to our bedroom to read.  We were both in bed and asleep by 8:30 last night.  (Told you I'm getting old.)
I learned something about tile floor last night - it sucks when you drop your cell phone on it because...it shatters the touch-screen. UGH!  Pretty much sucks.  So, this morning we had to head to the Sprint Store in attempt to get a new phone.  The girl at this store was completely worthless (and knowledgeable) and makes me question customer service.  Sure am glad that we wasted our time dealing with her.  After that frustrating experience (and driving by the Dermatologists office and going to Kohl's), we went to Chipotle for lunch and man, was it delicious!  I'd never had Chipotle before and was a little bit hesitant, but it was soooo yummy!  I don't think that either of us will be able to eat dinner tonight!  Once we got home, we called Sprint Customer Service and had a great response.  The girl at the Sprint Store only gave us half-correct information (Shocked, eh?!) - but Customer Service got it taken care of within a few minutes, and I should have a new phone by Wednesday. 
This will be a very busy week for us. I work in the afternoons this week (M-Th) at the hospital for the Wassail Wagon. (Whatever the heck that is) I also work in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday - so I will be at the hospital all day long.  On Wednesday morning, I have to go to the hospital for my health assessment before I go to work.  Thursday morning I go to see the Dermatologist about my scalp.  I'll have to go get the new cell phone activated at some point, and pack for Utah.  On Friday afternoon, Chad & I will head to the north side of Houston to stay at the Marriott that night in preparation for our early-morning flight to Park City, Utah on Saturday.  We will be in Utah until Tuesday and won't arrive back in Houston until 7 in the evening.  That Wednesday morning, I have to go pick up Cappy from the kennel (he will be groomed and hopefully handsome). After picking him up and spending some much-needed quality time with him I have to start packing for Illinois.  We will be leaving Thursday afternoon and driving to Dallas for the night, and then non-stop on Friday until we get to my parents house in Illinois. :-)
I cannot wait to get home - I'm so ready to see family and friends and eat a lot of yummy foods!  I'm not so excited about cold weather, and I'm worried how Cappy will react to snow in the event that it occurs while we're at home.  On Christmas Eve, we will be heading to the Coffman's for dinner and presents and then heading back to my parents house for the night.  On Christmas Day, we will exchange gifts with my family in the morning and enjoy a lunch with them.  (Hopefully of roast beef!!!)  That evening, I will stay with my family and Chad will head to his parents for the evening where they will have a Christmas dinner and he will spend the night there.  It sucks that we'll be apart, but it is the only way we can come up with to accommodate both families.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family, and I know he's looking forward to spending time with his.
As much as I'm dreading going to Utah (I've been singing my "I don't wanna go to Utah" song all day), I'm sure we'll have a good time.  We should have a good group of people on this trip, and we will have plenty of money to spend.  I downright refused to do anything outdoorsy - no skiing, snowboarding, etc...I'm going to be lucky not to get injured just walking around.  On Saturday night, we have the company Christmas dinner and on Monday night we have a group dinner.  And...what group dinner in Park City, Utah wouldn't be complete without a sleigh ride?!  Yup...that's what I thought.  (Sense the sarcasm?!)
Don't be shocked if I end up blogging while we're in Utah - and be prepared for some fascinating pictures. 

Comments

Popular Posts