A busy year

Since 2011 is almost over, I figured it was time to do a year in review...

January 2011 -
I started the year off fairly quietly, at my first Bridal Shower at my parent's house.  It was a great time with some great friends and family.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful, caring people in my life. The rest of the month went by fairly quickly, with last-minute wedding stuff and two more bridal showers.  I had a work shower, too - hosted by my friend Kim and her mom, Debbie.  It was very enjoyable and there was a lot of laughter.  Jane Byram, a friend of Chad's parents and a former teacher of mine at Rochester, hosted my third shower.  It was another lovely party - Cindy and her friends did an excellent job. 
Cam's 2nd birthday

Shower #2

Shower #1
 


February 2011 -
This was the month of the blizzard and freezing temperatures.  Just a week before the wedding, Chad had run to my parents house to check on a leak in the attic - and ended up getting rear-ended by an old lady in front of my office.  Hysterical, I ran out to make sure everything was okay - there are days that I swear that if it weren't for bad lucky, I wouldn't have had any.  We flew to Orlando for the wedding with my family and had many laughs.  Poor Chase seemed to be right in the middle of all of them - he sat next to a very obese man on the plane who practically fell asleep on his shoulder and got stuck in the back of the SUV where he barely fit.  HA HA.  The wedding dress went missing the day after we arrived, which was, thankfully, the only drama we had during the trip.  The wedding went off without a hitch and we drove down to Port Canaveral for our honeymoon cruise on the Disney Dream.  We were lucky enough to see the launch of the space shuttle from the privacy of our balcony before we hit the rough water.  The first night of the cruise was very rough and I didn't enjoy the motion much.  We had a fairly uneventful trip back until our flight home was delayed two hours due to repairs/maintenance.  When we landed in Bloomington, we were so late that we had to unload outside in freezing temps and waited over an hour for our luggage.
Holy cow!!

Space shuttle launch

Mr & Mrs Chad Coffman

March 2011 -
This was a crazy month for us.  I started out the month sick for almost two weeks and never really figured out what was wrong with me - best explanation we got was that it was the "Cruise ship curse."  I was miserable.  Chad took me to the doctor twice in three days - (on the second trip) right before the doctor came into the exam room Chad's phone started ringing and it was Walt, so he left the room to deal with that.  It was that phone call that lead to a huge change in our lives - he was being sent to Houston again to talk to the ISSD branch about going to work for them.  After we found out that we would be moving to Texas, we immediately put our house up for sale by owner and started getting phone calls on it the very next day.  Within one week, we had the house sold.

April 2011 -
The beginning of the month was spent packing, as Chad was starting his job in Houston mid-month.  Closing on the house wasn't until the 29th, but the movers were coming on the 15th.  That was a long and stressful day, as you can imagine.  I turned in my two weeks notice and stayed with my parents until after the closing.  On April 30th, we hit the road and I officially moved to Texas.
Goodbye 2404

May 2011 -
We arrived in Texas and started getting things settled in the apartment.  Two weeks later, we flew back home for Kurt & Missy's wedding.  A few days after returning, Chad & I both ended up with strep throat and rushing around to find a doctor who would see us.  We already had our appointments for physicals scheduled with "Dr. Salmon" and had those at the end of the month.  Unfortunately, neither one of us got great news with those physicals.  She found that I had a cervical polyp that needed removed and referred me to a GYN clinic - Chad had some issues with his lab work.  The highlight of the month was the purchase of my new car.
Kurt & Missy's wedding

My first apartment

The new car

June 2011 -
Started off the month with a new GYN, who determined that I needed surgery.  Sigh.  We continued to look for houses or neighborhoods that we wanted to live in and signed a contract to build a house with Ryland in Sienna Plantation mid-month.  We went to a home show and ran across a wine-sale, which allowed us to stock up for awhile.  We scheduled my surgery for mid-July and spent a lot of time at the pool.  My mom came for a short visit since Chad was going on a fishing trip with some friends.

July 2011 -
I found a dog!  Chad had promised me that after moving he would get me a dog.  I met Cappy the beginning of the month and we decided to adopt him. :-)  I had my surgery, which turned out to be a headache since my uterus was perforated during surgery.  Thankfully, I weaseled my way out of staying in the hospital overnight.  A week later we were expecting to pick up Cappy, but the vet's office lost him.  Chad and I went on a wild goose chase and never saw him, thankfully he was located and we were able to pick him up.  That was one of the worst days ever.  I guess July was just a bad month for us.
Before Surgery

Cappy

August 2011 -
I went home for a week and took Cappy with.  Spent two nights with Uncle Stu and the rest of the time with my parents.  While I was in Illinois our house was being framed, so I had a big surprise when I got home!  I scheduled a volunteer orientation at Methodist for the end of the month.

September 2011 -
Chad's parents flew into San Antonio and we spent the weekend with them before spending the rest of the week with them at the apartment.  I started volunteering at the hospital and absolutely loved it.  Back at home, Dad was arranging selling the house in Rochester and Mom was getting sick.

Da!!!!


October 2011 -
Disappointment when my parents had to cancel their trip to Houston due to Mom's illness.  I continued to volunteer at the hospital and gained more responsibilities.  Towards the end of the month we went to Disney for the Food & Wine Festival and we started packing and preparing for the move.
Food & Wine Festival

November 2011 -
I got a job interview and accepted a job at Methodist Center for Sports Medicine.  Teapot had surgery and we moved into our home.  We had our first Thanksgiving together in our new home.
The house

December 2011 -
I turned 30.  We traveled to Utah for a company trip and boarded Cappy for the first (hopefully last) time.  When we got back we had a day to pack and get ready to go to Illinois for Christmas.  And....here we are! :-)

Happy New Year's!

Comments

Popular Posts