It's a Good Day!!!

My little princess has hit another milestone...
After the appointment last week we were all sorts of nervous about Charleigh's weight.  She went in today, a day shy of her one week appointment, because she was doing a lot of spitting up and 'choking'.  I was a bit concerned because her appointment was at 330, and I had a hair appointment scheduled at 400.  (Go ahead, judge me.  Gotta take care if myself too!!!). I brought my mom along to make it easier in the event I needed to haul ass out of there.  They got me back quickly and I undressed Charkeigh quickly, hoping to avoid any disasters. We got her back to the scale and I took a deep breath...

Eight pounds five ounces.  That's nine ounces gained in a week, folks!!! I'm beyond proud of my little peanut.  

Unfortunately, she's still only in the first percentile for size, but she's gained, and that's a HUGE deal!

Dr Bowers is having me add a half teaspoon of rice cereal per ounce of formula to help remedy the reflux, get her stools to not be as explosive, and fill her up.  So far she's had one bottle with rice cereal added, so we will see how that helps her.  

In addition, he said he was very pleased with her progress the last week.  He said that her belly is definitely doing better -  it's no longer hard or distended, she's not as gassy, and she appears to be tolerating feeds much better.  

Hopefully, Dr Ho is on board with the changes Dr Bowers has made.  The sad reality is that although I know there are plenty of wonderful physicians in the Houston-area, I'm very comfortable with Dr Bowers and I like the fact that he's aware of my history.  He's really made me feel much better about everything going on with her.  It's great to know that whenever we come to visit, we have a phenomenal doctor that will take care of Charleigh. As much as I love where we live, I really miss having him around. I feel like he takes the time to listen to all of my concerns and really takes my concerns seriously.  

Charleigh has a follow-up next week with Dr Ho.  Hopefully she can maintain her weight or gain some before then. :-)



Comments

Popular Posts