Failure, times Two

Much to our disappointment, IUI cycle number two was a failure.  We both tried hard to be optimistic, but last Sunday we both had a gut feeling.  When we woke up seeing red on Memorial Day we hoped that it was merely irritation from the horrendous Endometrin (Progesterone) vaginal suppositories.  I calledHFI first thing  Tuesday morning so that I could get labs and Ultrasound done.
As I suspected, it was another Big Fat Negative.  I scheduled our WTF appointment for the following day, and went back to work with new medications.
Our WTF appointment, once again, went well.  On paper, everything looks great.  The doctor seems to think its implantation that we have issues with.  We discussed our concerns about one of the doctors and administrative issues and decided on a new protocol, since this will be our last IUI cycle.
This month, they've switched me from Bravelle to Follistim AQ, and they started me at a higher dosage.  The plan is to get 5 eggs before my trigger and IUI.  The other difference is that I will be doing Progesterone in Oil (PIO) rather than the suppositories that irritate my very sensitive vadge.  It sucks because the PIO is another injection, but I think that will be much better on my body than the nastiness that is known as Endometrin.  Also, they have promised that the doctor we dislike will never touch me again.
So far, after three days of stims, I have four measurable follicles -measuring in at 11, 10 and 8.5 - my Estradiol also tripled!  Doctor said that I was not only kicking ass but taking names.  Hopefully. This is good news.
Success drops after three IUI cycles, so after this cycle we will be calling it quits until we can afford IVF.  (provided this doesn't work.). I'm looking forward to my appointment on Monday to see what's going on in there.
We had to promise the doctor that we'd consider selective reduction should we become pregnant with more than three.  This was, as you can imagine, difficult to agree to.  We were told, however, that I'm most likely going to be high-risk and that it was highly unlikely that I could carry more than three babies.  The risk of carrying that many babies is a major risk and could cost me my life.  I was floored when Chad agreed to SR, but I do see where he's coming from.  We will cross that bridge when we get there.  After all, although we would ultimately like to have two kids, we will be satisfied and blessed to have one!  Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?!
Also, I didn't realize just how lucky I really am.  We have so mant people praying for us.  I have one patient who has 78 people praying for us, another has her entire family praying for us.  All of our friends at Center Court are praying for us, in addition to many of our friends and family members.  We are so very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.  Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  Words cannot express just how much y'all mean to us....

Love,
Diana, Chad, One-Eyed Willie & Cappy

Comments

Popular Posts