It's been awhile

With the exception of my "thankful" blogs, I've been neglecting my blog.   So, to all of you faithful readers out there, my sincerest apologies.
So far, November has been a very busy and exciting month for us.  Last Wednesday, the 2nd, we had our first walk-thru.  We were both very happy with the house in general, and cannot wait to move in.  On Thursday (3rd) while I was packing I received a phone call from a 713 area-code, which is a Houston phone number.  Hmmmm.....Well, it turns out I was being offered an interview for a PRN receptionist position at Methodist!  Hooray!!!  I think that I may have been to the point of giving up hope, only to be VERY surprised!  Last weekend was spent packing the apartment up and staging it for the move.  We are currently living out of boxes and have very minimal food in the house.  I threw away a lot of things that we don't use, and I'm sure there will be much more "garbage" found when we move into the new house. 
We did take a little time out of our packing to run a few errands and eat.  On Friday we ate at a Thai restaurant called Thai Cottage, which was surprisingly good - both Chad and I got our food at spice level 3, which is right in the middle...I definitely will go with a 5 next time!  Saturday morning we ran by the house to see the appliances and found that our fridge still wasn't there.  (Can't wait to see it this weekend!)  I was craving Chick-fil-a and was really wanting to try their new Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake.  Best decision ever.  I cannot wait to get another one!  After that, we spent the remainder of the weekend packing and picking out the perfect outfit for my interview on Monday.
My interview was scheduled at 8:15AM, and since you never know about traffic in H-town I left around 7am...and got there shortly before 7:30.  Then my phone rang...the gentleman I was interviewing with had car problems and would be late so it got pushed back to 9am.  Ugh!  So, I got back on 59 and headed to Sugar Land/Highway 6, ran through the Starbucks drive-thru and headed back.  This was beneficial, since we will be living in that area next week and I got familiar with the traffic.  (And found that the Starbucks there is MUCH better than the one in Pearland.)  I got to the interview around 8:45 and got right in.  I was a little bit annoyed, but I was very appreciative of the phone call. 
I left with a very good feeling about the interview, and walked into the hospital for my shift with a big smile on my face.  Unfortunately, that smile didn't last all morning as I left the hospital early.  I had one of those experiences that would be considered mentally and physically draining.  Ugh.  That was one hour of my life that I will never get back.  I picked up our Christmas cards and some Mickey-D's on the way home (sure to put anybody in a better mood) and sent Chad a message telling him in no uncertain terms that I "would not be cooking dinner" and he was "to pick up pizza for dinner whether he liked it or not."  I also attempted to take a nap, but my head was just spinning.  Around 4pm, I received a call from HR requesting a second interview on Friday.  Done! :-)
As usual, Tuesday was quite boring.  I know that I should savor the down time, as I know that I won't have much of it soon - but it's just so difficult for me to do.  I read and took a nap during the afternoon thunderstorms.  Pathetic.
Yesterday was another good day at the hospital, but was a quick day - I didn't have many patients to see so I was out of there in under three hours.  A little disappointing, but after Monday's fiasco it may have been a good thing.  Karen did tell me that she had been called as a reference not too long after I left on Monday, and that she had a good feeling about it. 
I guess I've got mixed emotions about the job.  I'm excited and I know how much that extra income (provided I get the job) will help out.  But, I'm really going to miss my volunteer work.  I guess I had not only given up hope, but had not anticipated this opportunity to come along so quickly.
Tomorrow Chad & I will be going to his doctor's appointment bright and early and then heading to my interview.  It was kind of silly for us to waste gas (and time), so he will be dropping me off at my interview.  At least we'll get to spend some time together and we won't be packing! :-)  After that, it's back to packing and staging for the move. 
As you can see, I've been keeping busy.  It's been stressful, but it will all be worth it when we are in our beautiful home!

Comments

Popular Posts