Rain, Weddings, and Car Shows...Oh My!

Friday morning, Chad and I flew out of Houston-Hobby airport heading back to Springfield for Kurt and Missy's wedding.  We had an uneventful flight, though the landing left much to be desired.  I got to spend some time with my parents before we had to head to the rehearsal.  The rehearsal itself was 2-3 times longer than our wedding itself, so we (once again) thought about what a good decision we made in our destination wedding - so much less stress!

Following the rehearsal, we headed to Bridgeview Park for the rehearsal dinner where we spent time with The Deen's, The Sager's and The Brinkman's.  Cam has grown so much in the last month.  He was super excited about the "Toy Tory Tickers" that I had brought for him, and he even shared them with Micah, Ella, and Avalyn.  When it was time for Micah and Cam to go to bed, we went to Tim & Ashleigh's to spend some more time with them.  Apparently, the Spiderman pj's we got him at Christmas have become his favorite pj's, which he has begun to outgrow!  So, Saturday morning we bought him a new pair of Spiderman pj's. 

We drove by our old house 2 or 3 times, and each time I cried.  They have planted some trees in the front yard (which I always wanted) and have been using our fire pit.  I could picture Willie laying in his favorite spot, and my beautiful kitchen.  Trying to make me feel better, Chad kept saying "stupid house!"

It pretty much rained all weekend long, and never made it above 55 degrees, so we were both freezing!  The wedding was beautiful, minus the child that decided to scream practically the entire ceremony.  The reception was held at the KC and was a great time.  It was nice to spend time with all of our friends one last time.  I did learn a lesson...don't leave your camera laying around, you never know what you will end up with!




After dinner, they cleared the buffet tables away and we started dancing.  I am the furthest thing from a good dancer, but let's just say the 7 glasses of wine I had led me to believe otherwise.....
I really enjoyed spending time with everybody and was quite the social butterfly.  I met some new people and reunited with some old "friends." :-)

Funny story...(at least I think it is)....
I was talking to Ashleigh when I saw a very familiar face appear, so I asked her, "is his name Clint? Did he work at McDonald's?"  Sure enough, he did.  This guy took my order for quite awhile at McDonald's, so I walked up and asked him, "Did you work at McDonald's?" (Leave it to me to be tactful after 7 glasses of wine!)  He then goes, "Mustard and pickle only!"  The rest of the night, I called him "McDonald's guy" and even made Chad take a picture of us!
Sunday was the Friendly Chevrolet Corvette Show, and we went out in the nasty rain to support my brother.  His car was parked in the "Showcase" area.  It was a miserable day and we were both freezing.  It was all worth it though, because Chase won 2nd place! I'm so proud of all of his hard work!

Mom took us down to St. Louis to catch our flight, which was delayed an hour.  The flight was good, although we had a very strange fellow sitting next to us. At first we thought he worked for Southwest or was a "mystery shopper," because he kept writing in a little notebook.  Curiosity killed the cat, because Chad kept trying to read what he was writing.  He wouldn't tell me until the plane landed what he had seen, "For the last week, my bowels have been plotting against me."  WHAT?!!?!?!?!?  And we were sitting by this guy...wow!  Needless to say, I don't think he was a mystery shopper.  :-)

The Valium really helps my anxiety with the flying.  I may become a professional flyer before to long!

It felt great to get back home last night, the weather was beautiful and William was anxiously awaiting our arrival.  He's been quite the needy little lion today.  My guess is that somebody missed me!

On Wednesday, I have an interview at Baylor College of Medicine, so keep your fingers crossed that something good comes through for me.  Tomorrow, I'm going to go on an adventure to figure out where I am going on Wednesday, because it could get ugly!  Next week, we are scheduled to get our physicals and Chad will be going to Kansas City to act as a mentor in his company's "Project Management University."  I'm so proud of him!!!

Comments

Popular Posts