They say everything is BIGGER in Texas

Leaving Springfield was, by far, one of the most difficult things I've done in my life.  It was traumatizing for me to pick up and move somewhere that I'd never even visited, leaving all of my family and friends behind me.  I was worried about bringing William down, how he would handle the car ride, in addition to the changes that were to come.  He's been quite the trooper, and may even be adjusting quicker than Chad and I.

Things are definitely different down here, it's a slower lifestyle in some respect and it's MUCH hotter!  And I have learned a few things about Texans:
1.) They like their rims.
2.) They like their trucks big, preferably the "Texas Edition"
3.) They don't think that 80 degrees is hot.
4.) They think I'm an alien.

I've been spending a lot of time at our apartment unpacking.  Unfortunately, it seems that every box I open, I find at least one broken item.  I have applied for 50 jobs in the Medical District and am hoping to find employment sooner rather than later. I thought that I would just love being unemployed, boy was I wrong.  Being unemployed, however, has given me more time to adjust.

I discovered an amazing gas station, Buc-ee's, which is just down the road from our apartment.  I have never seen anything like it in my life.  This past weekend, we went to the Houston Galleria which was sensory overload for me - they have an ice-skating rink inside the mall!  As fun as it was, I'm definitely an outlet-mall kind of girl.  We've been to a few really good restaurants, and I'm looking forward to going to my first Astros game tonight. 

All in all, life is good, just different down here.

Comments

Popular Posts