Identity

I've spoken to a few other SAHM's who have admitted to me that they feel as though they're going through an identity crisis.  Being a SAHM I can relate.

Before Charleigh, I was Chad's wife.  I had a job, and I worked to have nice things.  People often referred to me as a DINK.  (Dual Income No Kids.) 

Now, I'm Charleigh's Mom.  My life revolves around her - diapers, bottles, sleep, fussiness, etc.

I very rarely feel like going out, and I definitely have no desire to get dressed up.  I don't feel like I'm the same person anymore - I don't know what to talk about, and I honestly have no idea about current events.  I feel like I've become a much more anti-social person since Charleigh.

I'm not complaining, though.  I love Charleigh more than anything and wouldn't trade being a SAHM for a million dollars.

Comments

Popular Posts