Sacrifices

As I mentioned in a previous blog, we are no longer DINK's.  We don't have that extra income that we had in the past.  That means we all make sacrifices.

We don't eat out as much.  Chad doesn't go golfing nearly as much as he wants.  (Actually, he's not golfed since Charleigh was born.) 

Chad works crazy hours.  On an average day, he's gone for 13 hours.  It sucks.  Not going to lie.  We don't get to spend much time together. 

By the time Chad gets home from work we eat dinner, bathe Charleigh and go to bed.  Then it starts all over again the next morning.  Chad doesn't get to spend much time with either Charleigh or me, and it's sad.  I miss sitting around watching bad television shows and spending time together. 

However, it's one of that sacrifices that he has made to allow me to be a SAHM.  Neither of us can imagine sending Charleigh to daycare. 

I don't get much help, but I appreciate all that Chad does for our family.  He may change one diaper a day, and sometimes he helps feed her.  I'm the one who gets up in the middle of the night, and I'm the one who deals with the screaming baby.  I take her to her doctor's appointments.  Anywhere I go, Charleigh is there too.

Sometimes it's rough, but it's totally worth it.  Afterall, she's only young once.

Comments

Popular Posts