Mother's Day

Although I've been a Mom to fur babies for the past 10 years or so, I've never felt like the holiday was worth celebrating.  The past few years have been rough, and there was nothing in the world I wanted more than to celebrate Mothers Day.  I was bitter, no question about it.
I was tired of getting on Facebook where there were so many pregnancy announcements.  I was tired of seeing pictures of friends children.  I was just tired of being jealous.  It really isn't my thing.
This year is much better.  Chad isn't totally acknowledging the fact that I am a mother.  Right now I have four fur babies and a baby in my belly.  I think that qualifies as a mother.  And, baby in my belly will be out in less than a week!  Eek!  It made my day when the kid doing my pedicure told me happy Mothers Day.  So sweet!
Just because I have my miracle baby in my belly doesn't mean that I have forgotten what those years felt like.  To all of my ttc friends, you're in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm certain that someday, in some way you will be a mother too.  Love you, girls! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts