I Feel it in My Fingers...

I feel it in my toes!  Christmas is all around us....

"Love Actually" is definitely one of the best Christmas movies ever.  Cheesy, romantic, cute, and over the top.  British people are so funny. :-)

This week I finally finished Christmas shopping (Chad made out, by the way) and shipped four packages back to Illinois.  I really wish we could go home this year, but it's not possible with Chad's new job.  So, I'm doing my best to make it feel like Christmas in Texas - you know, without snow or bitter cold temperatures.
Because of the two new additions (Bond & Penny) we are having a low-key Christmas without a Christmas tree.  Not very Christmas-y, but it will have to work this year.  Honestly, we are Both just too busy to deal with the additional hassle of the tree.  Add in my pregnancy fatigue - that's a recipe for a Christmas tree up until next Christmas. (Or until my mother-in-law takes it down!) Obviously, next year we will go all out and probably over the top since it will be Charleigh's first Christmas.  I guess we may as well enjoy being lazy while we have the chance.

This past Friday was Chad's work Christmas party, complete with a white elephant gift exchange.  I'm kicking myself in the butt because we didn't get any pictures of us, but hopefully Chad will get a copy of the picture that one of the marketing girls took.  I'd like to think that for an exhausted pregnant woman, I pulled myself together quite well.
Probably the highlight of our little trip was my massage and the awesome nap I took immediately afterwards.  Unfortunately Chad woke up yesterday feeling pretty icky and officially has a cold.  I've decided that I'd much rather have a nasty bout of the stomach flu over him being sick.  Yes, he's that miserable.  I mean, really, who wakes their pregnant wife out of a deep sleep to ask if they can take medicine?! (And then tells said pregnant wife to get the medicine for them?!). It took me at least an hour to  return to my slumber.

Today I've been keeping busy baking.  I really wish I'd looked in our pantry before I went to the store, because the lack of ingredients put a damper on my baking.  I had no cinnamon and ran out of sugar, which meant no snickerdoodles or scotcheroo's. Oh well, I don't want Gestational Diabetes so perhaps it's a blessing.
I feel like this weekend flew by, probably since we were out of town for half of it.  I have a ton of laundry that needs to be put away and absolutely zero motivation to do anything about it. Maybe at some point before bed I will get around to it.....

Comments

Popular Posts