Six!

This Week’s Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 6 weeks on 10/16, but as of Monday, I was measuring a few days ahead.

 Size of Baby: Today the baby is the size of a blueberry. Length between 0.56-0.8 inches and weighs 1/10th of an ounce.

 Total Weight Gain or Loss: Today I finally braved standing on the scale. Since we started this process, I’ve gained a total of 7 pounds. That being said, I actually had a patient tell me yesterday that it looks like I’ve LOST weight. Ummm…highly doubtful.

 Maternity Clothes: My clothes are starting to get snug. Chad has informed me that I’m not allowed to wear regular blue jeans or anything really ‘cute’ because you see the pooch and it isn’t very cute. I’m pretty much living in yoga pants and graphic tee-shirts. I will probably break down on Friday and go purchase some clothes that are a little more forgiving. Sigh…

 Gender: It’s far too early to know yet. It’s strange because I have looked at the old wive’s tales – acne, cravings, morning sickness, etc and the Chinese calendar. I know something is correct, but nothing says BOY or GIRL across the board.

 Movements: Obviously, it’s too soon to feel movements. I’m pretty sure I saw the little booger moving around on Monday during my ultrasound, but that could be my imagination.

 Sleep: I do not think there’s enough sleep available to me right now. I am BEYOND exhausted. It’s tricky getting comfortable, but once I get comfy it’s fairly easy to fall asleep. I sleep pretty well until I wake up for a potty run. Once that happens, it’s all over.

 What I Miss: I’m still missing my nightly glass of red wine. I’ve started drinking O’Douls, but only because it doesn’t feel right to watch baseball (GO CARDINALS!) without a beer in hand. (Also, a martini sounds really yummy.) Steaks also aren’t nearly as appetizing when they’re well-done, guess I’ll have to invest in some A1 sauce. Oh! And tunafish sandwiches. Mmm!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

 Cravings: Burgers (still), Mexican food, ice cream, tuna fish sandwiches, and macaroni & cheese. Symptoms: Sheer exhaustion, nausea (thankfully no vomiting), a bit of cramping, constipation, and gas. Lord, being pregnant is very sexy!

Comments

Popular Posts