On my mind...

;

This week has been an interesting one.  I had a lot of time off this week, which was a welcomed after  working overtime last week.  (Though my paycheck was VERY nice!)  I spent Monday, half a day on Wednesday and today (half a day) at the Pearland office, and was off all day yesterday since I ad two doctor appointments scheduled.  Tuesday morning I had to go into the Medical Center bright and early for CPR training and headed to the Timmons office immediately after.
Let's revisit CPR class, shall we?!  I walked into the hospital, took a deep breath, and was immediately at home (one of my happy places).  Disturbing, isn't it?!  For some messed up reason, I am so comfortable in a hospital - perhaps it's from all the time spent visiting my Grandfather in the hospital growing up.  Anyway, I went to class and little bit nervous - especially since I had let my CPR certification lapse. (You never know how much can change over time)  But in my opinion, it was a joke.  The thing that terrified me the most was that there were actual Healthcare Providers (nurses, PCA's) in my class that had absolutely no idea what they were doing.  WOW!  A lady (PCA) in my group was doing compressions in the wrong place, she also didn't do the breaths properly...and then she stopped.  No joke.  Just stopped. in. the. middle. of. what. she. was. doing.  "I can't do it no more!" Seriously, woman?! Get the hell outta my way and let me show you how it's done.  Absolutely scares the shit out of me...I hope and pray that I'm never in need of CPR around some of these people.  At the end of the class one of the instructors stopped me and asked where I worked.  She was absolutely amazing that I was "just a receptionist" and complimented me on how much I knew and how well I did.  Kind of made me feel good. :-)
One of the best parts of CPR class was that I was able to stop by Guest Relations to visit my "Liaison family" (Karen, Robert, Peggy, Arlene and Marlene) and everybody in the volunteer office.  I also ran by the gift shop before I left, and purchased myself a hospital polo and fleece. (And, yes, I got made fun of by Carlos for spending my own money on those items.)
I wasn't expecting much out of Valentine's Day (Pretty sure I get screwed since we got married a week and a day after V-day), especially since Chad woke up and asked, "Is it Valentine's Day?" When I replied his next comment was, "Shit..."  Story of my life, I tell ya.  I was pleasantly surprised when Chad left a card on the bar after he got home from work.  I was completely floored, because I had been giving him all sorts of static about not even making an effort to purchase a card for me.  The card was pretty perfect, complete with Lady & the Tramp on the front and Chad hand-writing a message inside.  Unfortunately, he really messed up what he wrote inside.
Yes, boys & girls. Our first date (as mentioned in my last blog) was on March 13th, not January 13th.  At least he tried, right?!

My dermatologist appointment yesterday went very well.  I had a good check up, and was even told by my Derm what beautiful skin I had.  (After she gave me meds for my acne in December)  Made me feel really good, especially considering the fact that she looks at skin all day long! :-)  So good, in fact, that I'm considering going sans makeup for awhile, to let my "natural" beauty (HA) shine through!  I had a few more spots on my scalp, but we have correlated it with stress.  The good news was that the few spots that I have are healing. :-)  She recommended some expensive oil to help sop up the ridiculous amounts of oil that my face has been producing lastely, and I went ahead and purchased it. (I'm sure Chad will be happy when he sees the bill)

My appointment with Dr. Vanderzyl didn't go quite as well as I had hoped.  Despite him prescribing Phentermine to help me lose weight, I haven't lost a single pound.  Deep sigh...  He said that a big part of it is because I'm not sleeping well, so he switched my sleeping pills and gave me a different medication to help me shed some poundage.  Unfortunately, that means that I have to go back next month for a check up.  The good news, however, is that I took my new sleeping pill last night and I slept well and woke up refreshed! Huge sigh of relief!  Another sigh of relief came when I asked him about his hospital privileges - Chad & I were both under the impression that he only had privileges at St. Luke's - after talking to him I found out that he has privileges at St. Luke's as well as Memorial Hermann and Methodist.  This is pretty important to both Chad and I.  Since I work at Methodist, it looks kind of crappy if I don't utilize their facilities; however, I had surgery at Memorial Hermann in July and I'm not sure if Dr. Heaps has privileges at Methodist.  It's just a nice thing to know for coordination of any care that we may need in the future.

Late this afternoon/early this evening our furniture was delivered, and it looks amazing.  It is much different, and of course, our living room is very tight right now since we still have our old furniture in here, too.  On Monday morning we will be getting rid of Chad's bachelor furniture for good, and I cannot wait!  (Still have to get rid of the ugly bedroom set, though!)  Will post pictures after we have the living room set up!

Comments

Popular Posts