In dire need...

of a break.  Sounds simple, right?!  Wrong!!!!

Last Saturday Chad & I enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner at Perry's Steakhouse, complete with a romantic table covered in rose petals.  It was absolutely amazing, and we cannot wait to go back.  We spent Sunday organizing the house and looking at cars online, as we decided it was time to get a new vehicle.  (Yes, again. We have a problem.)  We got a lot of things done here around the house, and Chad stayed home on Sunday to wait for the people to pick up our furniture.  He also went on a road trip to find a new vehicle for me.  This meant that he took my vehicle and I drove his new work truck to work. 
It pretty much sucked, because he was at home and I was working.  The vehicle we thought we wanted turned out to be a total bust, so back to the drawing board we went.  I was pretty much accepting of the fact that I wasn't getting another car, but Chad kept looking...
Obviously, I opened and closed the Pearland office on Monday, so it was nice to come home to dinner waiting for me.  On Tuesday morning I was slated to  open the Timmons office, and found out around 10-ish that I needed to go to the Pearland office to close it.  This was fine by me, because I would much rather be at the Pearland office anyway.  I didn't get home until nearly 7:40 (benefit of Pearland is its close proximity to our home) and Chad had dinner waiting for me.  I pretty much passed out and woke up bright and early the next morning.  On Wednesday I was scheduled to both open and close the Pearland office at 6pm - it was also our first wedding anniversary.  Chad picked up Chipotle for dinner and we cut into our cake which was still pretty good, despite being frozen for a year.  On Thursday morning I got up early again and headed to the Pearland office for the day (a 630-7pm shift).  Since we were a little bit slow that morning, I started looking at trucks again and found the PERFECT vehicle.  Excited, I sent it to Chad hoping he could contact the dealership we were working with to see if we could get it.  The afternoon, of course, got crazy and I was completely worn out by 2pm.  I didn't get out of the office until 715, and didn't make it home until nearly 8pm.  I was so frustrated and exhausted that I got annoyed when Cappy tried to jump on my lap.  I shoved dinner (McDonald's) in my mouth and headed to bed.  (At this point I'd like to mention how completely tired of fast-food I am.)  Friday I got up and headed to Pearland again (thankfully we closed at 11am) and Chad packed up and headed to the airport so he could go to Illinois.  I was looking forward to getting out of work early and coming home to relax with my boys, but that didn't happen as I had planned.  See, we had a work meeting scheduled but I only anticipated it being an hour long - and it was 3 hours.  I didn't get home until after 4pm.  ICK. 
Around 6pm I received a phone call from Chad, and I'd fully expected him to have been in Springfield - last I'd spoken with him he was getting ready to board the plane in Chicago.  I was completely wrong.  Apparently his plan had mechanical issues, and he didn't find out that it was canceled until it was time to board the plane.  Exhausted from a 4 hour long layover in Chicago, he called his mom who arranged for him to take the train home.  By the time he got to the train station, he'd missed the train.  Thankfully, he'd gotten a later ticket - keep in mind that at this point he'd technically "abandoned" his flight because he was unable to get a flight to Springfield until late that evening.  So, Chad got stuck waiting at the train station for a few hours.  He would have been better off renting a car and driving himself back to Springfield after all was said and done.  He didn't get to Springfield until very late last night.  (I'm just glad I wasn't with him because I would be absolutely livid.)  Of course, this entire fiasco cost us a pretty penny.  He leaves Springfield late tomorrow morning, so I'm not totally sure that it was worth the hassle that he went through.  I will tell you this - I'm so ready for him to be home.
Going back to my week, I was also quite frustrated on Thursday, because Chad decided against buying me a new truck.  I'm still a bit bitter about this decision, since he was the one who was hell-bent on getting me a new vehicle to begin with.  It's a bit annoying...especially when you've been working all week long and haven't been able to see your husband at all.  I felt like I was getting something special, as a pay off for working so many hours.  (For the record, I worked over 50 hours last week.)  I'm not at all looking forward to this coming week, as I'm only in Pearland on Monday & Wednesday.  I was scheduled to close Timmons on Thursday, which sucks because it is so far away - I'm lucky to be home by 8pm.  As much as I hate closing, it doesn't bother me as much at Pearland because it's so close to the house.  Last night I traded my opening shift on Tuesday with Deysi because it's her boyfriend's birthday.  So, I'll be closing Timmons another night this week. 
I feel bad even saying it, because I really do love my job and I get totally bored sitting at home all day long...BUT (and it's a big BUTT at that)
I really need a break. In the past week, the only time I've spent with my husband has been when we are asleep and he's going to be gone all weekend long.  (Perhaps longer, if he has anymore plane issues in Chicago.)  I want to enjoy some time with him and feel like I'm appreciated.  Right now I'm overwhelmed and over-worked.  Part of me even feels like I'm being taken advantage of.  I don't mind helping out, but I only have so much to give.  Don't get me wrong, I know how much Deysi appreciates me switching shifts with her on Tuesday, but I wish that I knew that there was an end in sight.  I wish I had some sort of "hunch" about what is going on. I don't know if I'm going to get the Pearland office or not, but I do know how badly I want it.
Right now I really want things to go back to normal and have a "set" schedule, I've never liked change much and not knowing where I'm going to be and how long I'm going to be there isn't helping my situation much.
I want to cook dinner.  I want stability.  I want to feel appreciated.  Perhaps that's one thing that I like so much about the Pearland office - as exhausted as I am, I know what I'm getting myself into - I know all of my patients and they know me.  One of them even called me by name on Thursday.  Do you have any idea how good that felt?  I was sort of shocked that the patient even knew my name, to be quite honest.  The patient asked me questions and asked me my work schedule - because, get this...he likes working with me and is comfortable with me.  That I "understood" his situation, and he liked coming in when I was there.  It made me feel really good about myself - I must be doing a pretty decent job, ya know?!  Of course, this just makes the "switching offices" even more difficult for me, because in Pearland I really feel like I'm making a difference.
Today would have been a really long day, had my friend Deb not taken me to get a pedicure (and manicure) and to lunch.  I probably would have moped around all day long, but she made me get out there and have fun.  It really meant a lot to me, especially since I know that I was most likely a "Diana Downer" because of how badly I miss my husband...and how strung out I am right now.
In less than three weeks, my parents will be here and it cannot get here quickly enough.  Of course, I don't even know if I'm going to get the time off when they come.  I certainly hope so, but we're scheduled for a DNV audit one of those days - which is kind of a BIG deal.  I don't know....
At this point all I know are the following things:
1.) I'm exhausted
2.) I miss my husband
3.) I am craving stability
4.) I'm ready for a break
and.....
5.) I want my dag-gum truck.
Yes, that last comment officially made me about five years old but I can admit it.  The sad thing about the last statement is that I really didn't want a new vehicle, and the last vehicle I did want was the one that Chad wanted.  And now that I've driven it, and practically hand my hands on the damned thing I want that truck SO much it isn't funny.  I feel like I'm being punished for something, and I don't like it one bit.
There ya have it, folks.  I'm officially acting like a child, but I can admit it. I just need a break! 
Sigh...it will all be over soon, right?!

Comments

Popular Posts