SLACKER!

Yes, this title definitely describes me the past few weeks.  Going back to work has been an adjustment for all of us, but it's an even bigger adjustment when I close the office down.  This means that I could get out of there anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30 in the evening.  As you can imagine, it totally throws our routine off.
I've been working in the Pearland office for the past two weeks and I absolutely love it there.  It's a much quieter environment and I feel like I have more autonomy, which I really like.  This past week was my first time "on my own" and I think I'm getting the hang of it.  On the slow days, I get on the computer system and play around to try to figure out how to do things on my own. 
On Thursday I got my first paycheck - and let me tell you it felt REALLY good.  This past week, I've also been able to leave work earlier than usual so I've had more time with my boys.  It's strange - after sitting around all day for seven months, I cannot stand being bored now that I'm back at work.  I don't even know what to do with myself.
Last weekend, Chad and I went to look at new cars.  We decided that I need an SUV, especially if we want to have kids.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with my car, but an SUV just makes so much more sense!  So far, we have looked at Mercedes-Benz and Acura.  I, of course, love the Acura, because it feels like what I'm use to driving.  Chad is obsessed with the Mercedes-Benz, though I'm pretty sure that it's because it has "toys" that the Acura doesn't.  Thankfully, we still have a few more cars to look at (although some I have zero desire to own, I'm just going along with it to appease him!): Infinity, Lexus, GMC, Cadillac, BMW, Volvo, Audi, and Lincoln.  It will be interesting to see if I'm still in love with the Acura after looking at the rest of these options.  I guess a big part of it is because I know what I get with a Honda/Acura - wonderful reliability! 
Chad has been keeping very busy with work - I feel like I never get to see him anymore.  By the time he gets home from work and we eat dinner, it's time for us to go to bed.  Ugh!  I'm not going to lie, it really sucks - especially since I don't have any friends here.  :-(  I've really been missing my family lately - there are things that pop up at work that remind me of them and I miss having something to do on the weekends.  Back home if Chad was working weekends, I could at least go do stuff with my family.  Obviously, I don't have that option anymore. 
Today I did my best to keep busy, knowing that whatever I got done today would mean less for me to do tomorrow.  I ran some errands, made banana bread, cleaned the kitchen and finished laundry.  I also had a nice dinner waiting to be cooked - until Chad called and said that the very earliest he'd be home is 7pm, though it looked like it'd be closer to 9pm.  I don't even know what to do with myself.  I've already watched a movie on Netflix and gotten pretty much everything done.  I had pork chops marinating in the fridge all day long and I made chocolate chip cookies.  I may end up grilling the steaks myself because you know I can't wait that long to eat.  Before I go to bed, I'm sure I'll finish the book I've been reading and may even start another.
I guess the bottom line is that this just SUCKS.  I hate the fact that I don't know anybody and that I have no friends or family here.  Thank God for Cappy, otherwise I really would be going crazy.  He at least gives me an excuse to go out of the house.  I've been spending a lot of time day-dreaming and thinking about our wedding.  I cannot believe that it was almost a year ago.  Had you told me three years ago that I'd be married, living in Texas and looking at luxury SUV's I'd tell you that you're crazy.  Amazing how things change, eh?!

Comments

Popular Posts