Our Adventure

I've been back in Texas for just about 24 hours and although I miss my friends and family in Illinois, it's great to be back.  Here is a synopsis of our adventure!

Sunday - Left Texas around 7am and had an uneventful drive to Bella Vista, Arkansas.  Spent some quality time with Uncle Stu before enjoying dinner.  Highlight of the day was observing Stuart's attempt at baking brownies.  It's a good thing he's a doctor and not a chef!

Monday - Left Arkansas (absolutely exhausted) around 6:30 and made great timing.  I got teary eyed multiple times - at the first sight of the Arch, entering Illinois, and driving through Chatham, America.  Daddy was anxiously awaiting our arrival and he and Cappy became fast friends.  Took Cappy to meet Grandma June, who adored him.  (Who can blame her?!)  Went to Bella Milano for dinner with Mom (who was super excited about meeting Mr. Cappy), when we returned home Daddy & Cappy were just getting home from a walk on the cul-de-sac.  :-)

Tuesday - Sunny China for lunch with Mom.  Mmmmmmm!  Took Cappy for an appointment with Dr. Sturdy.  He's a whopping 13 pounds and got a clean bill of health, in addition to a micro-chip.  After we returned from the vet, I showered and Mom & I went to La Fiesta...just as delicious as I remember.  I wish I could find Mexican like that down here!  Also got a much-needed pedicure.

Wednesday - Enjoyed some yummy chilli from Steak'n'Shake for lunch.  Went to visit my buddy, Vern, who told me I'm not going crazy.  Got home and prepared for Mom's Scentsy party.  Cappy was the highlight of the party, he is definitely a RockStar!  Grandma Tinday came over bearing gifts for Cappy, though the toys weren't as interesting as all the people. 

Thursday - Got up early and enjoyed the best damn Cinnamon Dolce Latte ever (courtesy of Leslie) on my way to Floyd's for an oil change.  Confused the crap out of Dave, he couldn't figure out where my car was.  (Texas license plate should be a dead giveaway!)  Drove by our old house in Chatham - they've planted a tree or two as well as some flowers and bushes - got teary eyed.  After getting home, I noticed Cappy had a "wiener rash."  Got to go BACK to the vet's office where he was diagnosed with allergic dermatitis and I was given some stuff to spray on his boy parts.  Headed to the Sturdy house for the evening to help brown ground beef for the Spaghetti dinner the following night.  Cappy had his first tinkle accident and was very embarrassed.

Friday - Went to the PEC, I really miss it there. I wish I could package everybody up and bring them to Texas. :-)  Went to the house in Rochester for the last time...it's not going to be home much longer.  :-(  I'm really turning into a grown-up, because I didn't even cry!  Took Cappy to meet Da and Aunt Eloise.  Ellie and Cappy had a blast running around the house.  I finally let Cappy off of his leash to have freedom in a fenced backyard, I don't think he's planning on going anywhere.  Scarfed down Vic's pizza for dinner...how I miss Illinois food.  Had a great conversation on the phone with my FAVORITE secretary ever, Sue Bricker...LOVE HER!

Saturday - Mel-o-cream donuts! Mmmmmm!!! Attempted to watch Super Mario Brothers with Chase, I forgot what an awful movie it was.  Hit a wall and passed out after the sugar high wore off.  Visited Cam & Ashleigh before heading to Lonestar for lunch with Chase.  Cam loved his Toy Tody (aka: Toy Story) shirts, kept saying how "coo" they were! :-) Taught Cappy how to swim.  He's a smart cookie, the third time I tried to get him to swim to me he went to the float instead.  He looked at me as if saying, "Mom, I'm not dumb and I'd prefer to float." Lazy bones.   Mom made me Salisbury Steak for dinner, and I started to get emotional.

Sunday - Filled the car up with gasoline.  It was a very emotional morning.  I really missed my husband and Willie, but I didn't want to leave Illinois.  If only we all lived closer.  :-(  I got choked up quite frequently during the drive to Arkansas.  Arrived in Arkansas and relaxed for awhile before heading out for Mexican food.  Yummy!  Stuart sent me home with four bottles of the Sparkling Green Tea I've become obsessed with.  Stuart presented Cappy with a puppy life-jacket, just in case.  :-)  He looked so cute walking around with it on.  Went to bed around 9pm, in preparation of my LONG drive home.

Monday - Hit the road around 5:30, excited to get back home and hoping to avoid traffic in Dallas and Houston.  Had a few delays along the way due to construction, an accident and my bladder. :-(  Dammit!  The four-hour leg from Dallas to Houston was the worst, but when I finally saw Buc-ee's in Madisonville, I knew I was getting closer.  Road construction in The Woodlands caused yet another delay and traffic in Houston was bad - I almost didn't make my exit a few times because people here just don't know how to drive!  Got home around 4-ish and couldn't be more happy.  After I got my car unpacked I checked out the gift basket that Stafford Oaks sent us - too bad it was infested with ants.  Showered and went to dinner at BJ's with Chad.  It felt so good to be back, though I really miss my family. 

Today ----- I've been a lazy bum, I'm still tired from the drive.  Was told this morning that Elijah is looking for puppy dog and is missing me.  My poor big puppy.  I love him so much.  (Though I did forget just how big he is!!!)  Went to Target for groceries, since there is nothing to eat here.  Found two cases of Sparkling Green Tea and I bought them both! :-)  I'm trying to get Cappy back on a schedule and get him re-crate-trained.  So far, so good.  I've been reading and enjoying quiet time with a really handsome little lion who missed me a lot while I was gone.

Summary - I had a GREAT time in Illinois and miss all of my family, friends and co-workers.  I wish I had everybody here in Texas, as it would make life much easier.  But, I'm glad to be back to my amazing husband and William!

Comments

Popular Posts