Illinois, in a Nutshell

Our time in Illinois started off on the wrong foot, but we quickly recovered.  After getting plenty of rest after our stressful drive, we had a few things to do.  
Sadly, Charleigh ended up horribly constipated the first few days; so constipated that she had to be disimpacted by my mom.  She was strangely clingy and would scream and cry, hollering "POOP! No Poop!"  She was so miserable and refusing to eat, and I eventually broke down and took her to ExpressCare.  Even though she had a doctor's appointment in the morning, I knew that she'd be sent for an X-Ray and decided that it was in her best interest to get it over with, especially if it meant she'd start feeling better.  The X-Ray stated that she was, essentially, full of shit.  But, the good news was there was no blockage.
The next day we went for her 3 year well-child appointment with Dr. Bowers, and it went pretty much as I anticipated.  He insisted we see GI and schedule her EGD to rule out EOE, and this was without looking at her records and me mentioning it.  Poor girl.  After that, everything went as expected and minus her stomach issues, she's perfectly healthy albeit petite.  That afternoon both she and I had eye doctor appointments.  She wasn't overly cooperative, but our suspicions were confirmed - she needs glasses.  After talking to our eye doctor, a good friend of ours, we decided to hold off until she could better participate in an exam to ensure that the glasses really do help. 
The next day I dropped Charleigh off at Chad's parents while I took the twins to their 18 month appointments.  Their appointments went well, and for the first time ever (Insert drum roll please...) Cami weighed more than Coleson. Granted, it was a mere 3/4 of a pound, but still - that's a big deal for such a petite little peanut.  Both of them are doing phenomenally, only about 6 pounds lighter than Charleigh and 3 inches shorter!  I think they're going to be bigger than Charleigh in no time!  I ran to the store to pick up some stuff for my dad, who had the same stomach bug that we had, before I picked Charleigh up.  Once home, I laid the twins down for a nap, and Chase watched them while Charleigh and I went to get the oil changed in my truck.  Later that afternoon, we headed back to Chad's parents to wait for Chad to arrive from Texas. It was so great to see him, and Rocky too!
Friday was Cindy's 60th birthday party and Charleigh's birthday party at Ashleigh's house.  Chad and the kids spent the day at his parents house while I went and got my haircut and had a break.  As usual, it took us forever to actually get to where we needed to be and were the last ones to arrive to the party.   And, as you can imagine, after a long day playing the kids, namely Charleigh, started melting down.  We hurried up, opened presents and headed back to the house.
We had one more day with Chad before he had to head back to Houston to finish stuff up at the house for the closing.  Of course, Sunday was here at the blink of an eye and we had a few days without Chad. After he left we spent the next few days cooped up inside the house, and I dropped the kids off at his parents on Thursday afternoon so that I could take mom to her surgery the following morning.  Chad flew in on Friday afternoon after a long day of travel and I finally saw him on Saturday.  The rest of the time we've been back and forth between our parents houses and trying to help my mom get settled after her discharge.  (Her hospital stay was another story, but it's not mine to share). 
We pushed our drive to Alabama back twice, and today it was pushed back another day - we will now be heading out on Friday morning. (Courtesy of U-Haul). We will have a few days there, drive to Atlanta on Monday for our walk through before our closing on Wednesday afternoon.  Movers will be delivering our stuff on Thursday, and we cannot wait to get back into our own space! :). Stay tuned for pictures and details about the new house...

Comments

Popular Posts