The scare

On Sunday evening I noticed I wasn't feeling Baby A (Campbelle) as much as usual, which I found concerning since she's always been the active one.  Figuring she was just squished, especially since Baby B (Coleson) had been much more active, I decided to wait it out.  On Tuesday I tried a few different things to get her to move - orange juice, ice water, ice cream, sugar, etc.  On Wednesday I tried coffee, but I knew that I was going to call me OB about it - I just wanted to make it through the drywall meeting. (That and I was worried that if they sent me in for monitoring I'd have my hands full with Charleigh.) 
I called my ob's office immediately after our meeting and left a message for the nurse, and went home and attempted to relax in the meantime.  Three hours went by and I'd heard nothing, I texted Chad and told them I'd probably get a return call towards the end of the business day and would end up going to the hospital for monitoring.  About ten minutes after that, the phone rang - apparently the nurse working with his office was no longer employed there.  (I seriously could have jumped up & down for joy - I did not like her AT ALL). He had an open appointment at that exact time, so they called to see if it was ok for me to head on in - of course, it was.  I grabbed Charleigh and rushed out the door.
When I got there I realized that Chad had shoved Charleigh's stroller in the backseat and there was no way I was wrestling that, so I just carried her in.  They got me back quickly and Charleigh & I waited...
I was pretty damn certain that Coleson was squishing Campbelle which was why I wasn't feeling her, and I told my OB so when he came in the room.  His assistant took Charleigh out of the room and played with her while he did an ultrasound.  Both babies had heartbeats, but their positions have changed.
At my last appointment, both babies were breech.  Campbelle is now head down, directly on my cervix.  Coleson is transverse (side to side) with his feet on my left side.  The good news is that since Campbelle is head down, I can try for a vaginal birth, provided she stays that way.  (Although, we were planning on discussing with him at my next appointment having an elective c-section so that I could also get my tubes tied.) The bad news is that Campbelle's head is directly on my cervix, so I was told they will be watching for cervical shortening and dilation from this point out.  At least that explains all the pressure I've been feeling.
I will admit that I was surprised when my OB said he wants to see me on Tuesday (my regularly scheduled appointment).  Usually, when I go in within a week of a scheduled appointment he lets me skip out on the next appointment.  I have my high risk appointment prior to the appointment with him, so I'm sure that he wants to consult with them prior to seeing me.  Let's hope that we can keep these kiddos in for awhile, since our house won't be done until mid-November.  Since Wednesday, I've been trying to take it easy and keep off my feet.

Comments

Popular Posts