In the Home Stretch

Although I'm only twenty-five weeks pregnant, I've officially made it to the third trimester! :-) {this being because it's a multiple gestation pregnancy}. I had good appointments on Tuesday, both with MFM and my OB.
At my MFM appointment, both babies measured exactly the same - there was no discordance, which is pretty rare.  They're both measuring in the 33rd percentile, and are looking good.  Coleson's kidney wasn't dilated and measured normally, but they still want to keep an eye on it.  Campbelle's head is down, and directly on my cervix. They're still monitoring me for dilation and shortening, so I'm continuing to lay low.  Campbelle, much like Charleigh did, has her feet in my ribs.  She also keeps her hands covering her eyes for a very apparent reason...Coleson's butt and wiener are directly in her face.  Poor girl...
Everything looked good at my OB appointment as well, I'm gaining weight and my blood pressure was much better than it was the week prior.  I started monitoring my blood sugar four times a day to prove that I don't have GD. (I don't do well with the drink, be it actually finishing it or keeping it down.). Although the daily monitoring can be a pain in the ass, it's far preferable to barfing.  So far, everything has looked great, though I'm worried about my low readings.  I have always had hypoglycemic tendencies, and now that I'm monitoring I notice they are much more frequent than I thought.  Granted, the two babies could be playing a role in that.  I will give all of my readings to my OB next week, and we will see what his response is.  
Unlike the original estimate of November 13th, my OB thinks that if I am a compliant patient and stay off my feet we can keep babies in until Thanksgiving.  {Apparently he's on call all weekend, so it'd be a perfect time to have babies}. Though, I don't particularly want to spend my favorite holiday in the hospital.  I'll do whatever he wants, as long as he delivers these little nerds!

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: definitely gaining.
Maternity clothes: Do they make anything bigger than maternity?  Tents, perhaps?!
Have you told family and friends? Definitely
Have you started to show yet?  See my answer above
Sleep: I cannot get enough sleep, unfortunately sleep doesn't come easy these days.  Between attempting to get comfortable and multiple runs to the bathroom - isn't pregnancy lovely?!
Best moment this week: my mom ordered the babies all their furniture!
Miss Anything? Being comfortable
Movement: pretty much constant
Food cravings: soft serve, pizza, chipotle, noodles & co
Anything making you queasy or sick? White meat
Gender prediction: one of each
Labor Signs: lots of Braxton Hicks and tons of pressure
Symptoms: exhaustion, nausea, cramping, pressure, cravings 
Major purchases this week? Two cribs, two dressers, and two mattresses - Thanks Mom & Dad!
looking forward to: meeting these babies!

Comments

Popular Posts