Our Big Eater

Charleigh June can eat.  And, surprisingly enough, she isn't picky!

On Monday, Charleigh had her 15 month appointment.  She saw a resident prior to seeing Dr Ho (yuck), one that didn't speak the best English, but whatever...

I was quite impressed when we put her on the scale.  Dr Ho was even more impressed.  Little miss is up to 19 pounds!!!!  Since she's so short, it puts her in the 20th percentile.  This meant that she's no longer considered "Failure to Thrive."  Huge relief...

Dr Ho told me What a wonderful job I'd done - that he had been legitimately concerned about her size, but we pulled through.  Charleigh definitely will try whatever you put on her tray.  Some recent favorites have been potato salad and scallops.  Is she really my kid?!?!  She definitely has my thighs, poor girl...

On Tuesday we had our first experience with toddler projectile vomit.  It was awful.  One second she was hanging out in her jumper, the next it was a scene from The Exorcist.  I'm lucky I held it together.  I did try calling Chad, who texted me that he was in a meeting - of course I let him know we had major barf so he called me.  I took Charleigh out of her jumper and stripped her naked.  Thankfully, we have a dog, who cleaned the floor. (I still feel sorry for those that don't have dogs). I left the jumper for Chad, it just wasn't happening on my end. I gave Charleigh lots of cuddles, cleaned her up and gave her water, which she kept down.

I was concerned because we had dinner planned at Andy's, but I didn't want to take a sick kid out. (And, let's be honest, I really didn't want projectile barf in the King Ranch.). Since she kept it all down, we decided to go to dinner.  I'm so glad we did because it was absolutely amazing.  Andy specially prepared us filets, scallops, mashed potatoes and green beans.  It was amazing.  And, Charleigh ate oranges, grilled cheese, scallops, steak and green beans.  Her tummy was fine - I think the soy milk may have turned on us.  All in all, in was a damn good night.

A special thank you to our favorite chef, Andy Hodson, for treating us like VIP's.  Dinner was phenomenal and we love the fact that you have been so accommodating.  (Remember we may need your accommodations when I have the twins...)

Comments

Popular Posts